What foods can't you stand anymore?

Options
Pamela3
Pamela3 Posts: 96 Member
I'm SO over French Fries... Are they good? Sure, but not nearly as good as they once were. I see them, now, as sticks of crispy grease flavored like potato, and not even close to being worth the caloric count....

If I'm feeling like the crispy potato treat, I simple slice a potato - or - Zuchini into sticks, season them up, and bake them in my oven.

Guess what? Still amazingly good and soo much better for you!! = Win/Win for me :)

What are some healthy tricks you do to still be able to eat foods that gross you out?

Replies

• XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    I cant stand hamburgers anymore. They make me sick to my stomach. Fries aren't as good as they used to be either. I would much rather have fruit or veggies. They are just better for you and even taste better.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Hamburger. I used to LOVE a nice big juicy hamburger with cheese, mayo, ketchup, onions - the works.

Now.. I find hamburger to be absolutely disgusting. Blech. I eat turkey burgers instead. I just like the taste more and since I buy lean turkey it is far less greasy.

And regular potato chips. Blech. The grease.

Frosting on cakes. I used to LOVE the frosting - now, I wipe it off.
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Any boxed rice! All I taste is salt, and its so disgusting!!! Also things like pork tenderloin, again because of all the sodium. Anything with a high salt content tends to throw me off now and gross me out.
  • nikki3337
    nikki3337 Posts: 19
    Options
    I hate red meat now. I eat chicken or fish. The one thing i'm trying to find a substitute for is chocolate, sometimes I crave it so much! But I haven't given in yet :).
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Pickles. i had one slice (about mcdonalds hamburger thin) and it was so sour and salty I couldn't stand it.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I agree with the hamburger folks! Even more so fast food hamburgers...blech. When I make burgers I use bison, much leaner, cleaner, and local!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    yep! French Fries, meat, pretty much anything really cheesy or fried... I like chips though :D
  • br04416
    br04416 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I can't stand pop tarts anymore!!! Funny I know, but they just are not worth the calories!!! AT ALL!!! And boy oh boy I could eat me some pop tarts. ha ha ha ha

Oh and any fast food hamburger. YUCK!!!! I feel so sick after eating it. So those are out too. :P
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I LOVE roasted cashews and almonds. For the life of me, i have no idea how anyone can say these things can possibly be good for you. more than 6 or 7 and you have killed the calorie content for an entire meal.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    cup noodles. I used to see them as convenient, now I see them as the reason for being bloated all the time. Almost 1500 mg of sodium in that one cup!?! No thanks, I'll pass.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Fries and fried chicken are the ones I can't stand. Pizza I no longer desire, although I don't hate it. But I went from a "pizza is my fave food ever" person, to a "I haven't had pizza in months and don't care to" person. :)
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Soda!!! I used to be such a Dr. Pepper addict and now I could care less to touch one!!!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Beer. My fiance is into microbrews (plus he works in the food industry) and would always offer me some. I'd have half or one fairly frequently. Now I think about all of the things I'd rather "spend" my calories on.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Cheese. I still love it, but man what a waste of calories!
  • ctchc28
    ctchc28 Posts: 9
    Options
    I agree with so many of these!! I can't eat McDonald's anymore at all makes me sick, hate potato chips now the grease makes me cringe, I look at pop tarts and think gross, and now I can't really drink soda anymore. I only allow myself one coke a month and even then I can barely finish a whole can... I just prefer water now to everything except iced unsweet jasmine green tea. Oh also the chocolate thing... yeah I don't think that is something I will ever look at and think gross haha. I love the Emerald 100 calorie pack cocoa roast almonds, the perfect snack at work and fulfills the chocolate craving :-)
  • veronicastelo
    Options
    Sunday morning fryups. Which consist of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, black pudding, mushrooms, baked beans and toast which is then downed with a beer.
    I can still eat it but I feel completely gross afterwards.
  • stefa777
    stefa777 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would have to say the thing I hate the most since starting my MFP adventure....Hot Dogs, actually I can't even stand the smell of them anymore and I have not found a substitute for them either....but since I can't stand the smell of them I guess I don't need a substitute!!
    On a side note, I also stopped eating burgers but I recently discovered the Morning Star BIG Black Bean Burger...They are just as good and better for you...
  • karyngrace
    karyngrace Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    cakes, cookies and jelly babies!! the amount of sugar in them makes my stomach churn yuck!!
  • HappyHealthyHolly
    HappyHealthyHolly Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I got myself very used to eating an extremely lean diet. I switched to ground turkey, everything baked instead of fried, dark chocolate instead of milk, etc. You name it, I went a few steps down.
    Now I've converted to a vegan way of eating, so plant based protein instead of meat, steamed & baked instead of fried (however I use olive oil if I need a little crunchy something) & even vegan chocolate too. I've also switched from normal sugars to agave nectar. Almond/Soy milk instead of regular milk. Etc.
    Now a days, I can't stand anything greasy (including fries, chips, cheese, pizza, burgers, etc). I also find eating any kind of meat to be very, very unappealing. Sometimes I can't even stand the smell. I don't like normal chocolate, especially milk chocolate or anything that is too sweet (including deserts, salad dressings & even orange juice). Also, I can't drink normal milk anymore either. Oh & I've also cut down greatly on my sodium intake, so if it's too salty, I really don't like it.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    store bought icecream, reminds me of marshmellow fluff, I love the real thing and would rather save my calories for that indulgence.