Losing Motivation

Options
For the past two weeks I have worked out at least 5 hours per week, doing three hours per week of cardio kickboxing and two hours per week of Zumba. I've also been logging my food on MFP and staying under my calorie goal. I'm not expecting huge results immediately, but I've somehow managed to actually gain weight during this time. It's getting discouraging and I'm not sure what else to do.

Replies

• juliafreeman
    juliafreeman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! Don't get too discouraged! Could you have gained muscle? Sometimes the scale is irrelevant if you are losing inches..maybe try measuring once a week to get a better picture of what is going on :)
  • MsDee15
    MsDee15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @JaimieHensley wow. You do so much! I would be looking for results too. Have you tried tracking body measurements? I hear that's usually how people can see if there's results. I wish you the best. Keep me posted if this helps. I'm looking to do the same soon.
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I would track my calories/macros, skip the zumba and start lifting instead.
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You're doing great Jaimie. I bet you feel fitter already and with all that kickboxing you will feel stronger too. So that's your first NSV! You've also managed to control your calorie intake which is brilliant, well done!
    The weight loss will follow, ttry not to focus toooo much on that part for now, but concentrate on your new found fitness and strength!
  • WeightLossGoal130
    WeightLossGoal130 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work Jaimie, this is a process. You can't give up, stay motivated. YOU CAN DO THIS
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I believe your body is gaining muscle. Stay consistent and I'm pretty sure the scale will soon be in your favor!
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    How do you feel? Is your only goal to lose weight? Because you're probably getting in pretty good shape. One week is nothing. My sister exercised hard for a month and didn't lose a pound. The second month, the weight just melted off. Stay the course...
  • bananabeannn
    bananabeannn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I bet it is water. It's pretty dang hard to gain muscle...but if you're new to working out, sometimes you can gain water wait from your muscles repairing themselves. Where are you in your cycle? Do you feel puffy/bloated? How's the....#2 lately? :smiley: Any chance you have been on a plane, or in the excessive heat....and...how accurately are you logging?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    It's only been 2 weeks. Give it time. Keep doing what you're doing and take your measurements along with weighing yourself. Sometimes the scale number doesn't change but the measurements do. It will vary from week to week.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I gain weight every time I restart exercising. After a couple of weeks, it drops off dramatically then slowly. How are you safeguarding yourself from burnout?
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I bet it is water. It's pretty dang hard to gain muscle...but if you're new to working out, sometimes you can gain water wait from your muscles repairing themselves.

Second this re water weight gain.

• sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    everytime I get back into working out and have sore muscles the scale goes up. After a bit woosh it goes away.

Also if you aren't using one get a food scale and weigh your food to make sure that what you log is right. Not all box and labels are right for what a serving is vs a measuring cup vs everything else. you would be shocked how much it can add up from little bits off.