C section loose belly skin

Options
Has anyone been successful in getting rid of it? I have a lot of loose skin from my c section. I had a 9 pound baby. I am back to pre pregnancy weight but this loose skin is driving me crazy!! I would love to see progress pictures of people who have gotten rid of it or at least made it smaller. I just wanna be able to wear a bikini again :/

Replies

• jaimeloveJEF
    jaimeloveJEF Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    p23q1tx3vu1a.jpeg

Here is a picture of my loose skin
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    That's not just skin. There is a fair amount of adipose tissue there. Just basically figure out how much you need to eat to drop weight, do it, and go from there. Unfortunately, for the skin itself, only time can fix it, and only so much. After that, surgery would be the only real answer.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've had 2 csections and I still have loose skin, but it's not very thick. I'll be honest mine was thick like yours when I still had fat to lose. As I lost fat it shrunk.

az8l5lw8y7r3.jpg
    Oct 2015:
    ltnprwc78klf.jpg
    June 2016:
    j8g2gzr4xriy.jpg

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257157/c-section-mom-of-2-my-progress-over-the-past-couple-years-lots-of-pics/p1
  • jaimeloveJEF
    jaimeloveJEF Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thankyou!!! Good to know I have hope for it to shrink :)
  • hayliegrace88
    hayliegrace88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a c section but have had two babies my goal weight is 10 pounds away n the more I lose the looser my skin seems, it's not terrible but I understand the struggle I hear that vitamin E oil works wonders (idk if it's true or not) but I've been using it for a couple months and it *seems* to be helping a little.. Maybe it's all in my head! Just remember if it doesn't get better or smaller or what have you, your body did an amazing thing you made a human! Be proud (the best you can)!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting back to your pre-preg weight and the baby!

I had two c-sections (12 & 10 yrs ago). It pretty much boils down to lowering your BF% and genetics. I lost about 15 lbs (3 years ago) and was able to tighten up my stomach in the process. What worked for me was eating at a deficit, HIIT workouts and weight training. You can do it! :smile: