Help me pick my next vacation:)

So me and hubby decided we want to go somewhere next summer for our five year anniversary! We both have differing ideas about where to go though. I either want to go to Peru and ecuador to see Machu picchu and the galapagos islands or to Croatia as neither of us have been to Europe and well peru has machu picchu:) Hubby either wants Turkey and Egypt or Africa which would both be equally amazing! Now, both of us think all four would be awesome....but honestly, how on earth do we decide? For anyone that has gone to any of these places, how much did you love it?

Usually we end up going on vacations in the winter when it is cold here. This November we are going to Thailand, and last November we went to Bali which was amazing! So the place we pick to go next Summer has to be great because our summers in canada are basically only last three months, so if we travel during our summer, the place we go needs to be warm also (which I think maybe why somewhere in Europe would be great since it is there summer also, and every other vacation we go on seems to be during our winter, which is also "europes" colder season as well.

hmmmm.....decisions decisions!

Replies

• _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plitvice_Lakes_National_Park

I vote Croatia....it's on my list of places I have to see!
  • HJayBee
    HJayBee Posts: 17 Member
    Make a tour. Croatia through Greece/Turkey to Africa.
    I'm sure there's a company for bus tours/backpackers through Europe.
    Once you get to Turkey you can maybe find a cheap flight. I'd say research the regional airports there and make it an adventure.

Historically, to me, Egypt/Africa have far more to offer. Going to Turkey/Greece first will give you an appreciation of the way Ancient Egypt so strongly influenced Europe and altered their whole structure of life and customs.

Just my opinion though. I have wanted to go to Egypt for years - So I'm biased lol.

BUT as an adventurer, I'd always look to see what I can do to do as much as possible.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    well my vote is for macchu pichu.. but that might be because that is where i want to go... mind you there are amazing archaeological areas in turkey as well... i am not as drawn to egypt just because is sooooo commercialized, sadly :(

guess you need to do both trips! *L*
  • thanks for your opinions:)

Still have no idea though where we are going! We think that in January, we will put all the names of places we want in a hat, and then pick one, and that is where we will go lol:)
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Croatia is great. I went to Croatia and Slovenia last summer and had an amazing time. I actually much prefer those two to Italy, similar climate and "vibe", but a lot cheaper and less crowded and in my opinion, much nicer and more interesting. The food is to die for. I can't tell you how many interesting and amazing dinners I had, including one where the owner of the restaurant brought a whole monkfish to the table to show us how fresh it was, he had caught it earlier than afternoon.