Continuing the long journey!

Options
I started my weight loss journey in March of 2008. I was 23 years old and weighed 344.6 lbs. I went to the doctor for a physical and found out I had high blood pressure. I always knew that being obese would cause health complications but always just tried to pretend like it would never happen to me.

I decided to try Jenny Craig, because I hate cooking and I hate shopping for groceries. Between March and October I lost 100 lbs. I felt fantastic! Every where I went people always asked me about how much weight I had lost. Every day atleast one person would ask me how much weight I had lost, tell me how great I was doing, and say how proud they were of me. Everyone surrounding me was so supportive. I loved all of this to a certain point but gradually it became over whelming. The pressure of everyone knowing that I was dieting, the pressure that I felt to impress everyone, the pressure to make everyone proud month after month finally got to me. I finally cracked!

After months of working out 4-5 times a week, walking my dogs every day for atleast 30 minutes, following the Jenny Craig food plan I stopped all of it. Well not all of it..... I still ate all the Jenny Craig food, plus fast food, and all kinds of junk food. From November to the end of December I gained 15lbs. Every day I would beat myself up over what I had done wrong the day before. Then I would eat fatty foods because I would be so upset with myself. I felt horrible!

After the first of the year I had to go back to re-evaluate why I had started this journey in the first place. I wanted to live a long, healthy, happy, fit, active life! I am doing this for me, to he healthy! Not to look good in a bikini, or to make my friends and family proud of me. When I think about the lifestyle change I have made it makes me happy with myself, and that gives me the strength to make the right decisions day after day.

For anyone who is interested in the program I use.... For food I still continue on the Jenny Craig plan, although I do go out a few times a week which does make things difficult. For exercise I workout with a friend who bought the book "Winning by Losing: Drop the Weight, Change Your Life" by Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser. The book has a 12 week workout program and shows your exactly what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. Before starting this workout program which I just started a week ago, I would just stick to cardio rotating from the elliptical to the treadmill.

Replies

• kaylarg
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey in March of 2008. I was 23 years old and weighed 344.6 lbs. I went to the doctor for a physical and found out I had high blood pressure. I always knew that being obese would cause health complications but always just tried to pretend like it would never happen to me.

I decided to try Jenny Craig, because I hate cooking and I hate shopping for groceries. Between March and October I lost 100 lbs. I felt fantastic! Every where I went people always asked me about how much weight I had lost. Every day atleast one person would ask me how much weight I had lost, tell me how great I was doing, and say how proud they were of me. Everyone surrounding me was so supportive. I loved all of this to a certain point but gradually it became over whelming. The pressure of everyone knowing that I was dieting, the pressure that I felt to impress everyone, the pressure to make everyone proud month after month finally got to me. I finally cracked!

After months of working out 4-5 times a week, walking my dogs every day for atleast 30 minutes, following the Jenny Craig food plan I stopped all of it. Well not all of it..... I still ate all the Jenny Craig food, plus fast food, and all kinds of junk food. From November to the end of December I gained 15lbs. Every day I would beat myself up over what I had done wrong the day before. Then I would eat fatty foods because I would be so upset with myself. I felt horrible!

After the first of the year I had to go back to re-evaluate why I had started this journey in the first place. I wanted to live a long, healthy, happy, fit, active life! I am doing this for me, to he healthy! Not to look good in a bikini, or to make my friends and family proud of me. When I think about the lifestyle change I have made it makes me happy with myself, and that gives me the strength to make the right decisions day after day.

For anyone who is interested in the program I use.... For food I still continue on the Jenny Craig plan, although I do go out a few times a week which does make things difficult. For exercise I workout with a friend who bought the book "Winning by Losing: Drop the Weight, Change Your Life" by Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser. The book has a 12 week workout program and shows your exactly what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. Before starting this workout program which I just started a week ago, I would just stick to cardio rotating from the elliptical to the treadmill.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You have come so far since March and you know you don't want to gain back what you worked so hard to lose! Don't give up and keep on keeping on:flowerforyou: You are doing great and you're worth every bit of that praise! Sounds like you have the right attitude about it! I'm glad you did that re-evaluation on yourself and are continuing to move forward! Keep us up to date on your progress! Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome. You are remarkable. Since you have come so far don't quit now. I tried Weight Watdhers about two years ago and lost 50 lbs. I stopped because I thought I wouldn't gain it back.:frown: :frown: Wrong:frown: I know now that I have to create this life style that will support my tendancy to gain weight. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: This site will help with that and I'm so happy your joining us:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are a very remarkable person, I just wanted to say hi and welcome to MFP.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site !! :flowerforyou:

your story was inspiring,,,

good luck with your quest !!

ho and your pics look great :happy:
  • mikeysgirl
    Options
    A friend of mine found this sight yesterday and I am so excited. I am newly engaged and have two amazing kids. I gained a lot of weight during a miserable previous marraige and finally want the outside of me to match the inside me. I have learned to love life and now want to have the energy to enjoy it.

131904.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary