Myfitnesspal does not sync exercise with Fitbit charge hr

Options
Myfitnesspal has not been synching exercise since 14th June.
I tried to restart Fitbit tracker and disconnect and reconnect the two apps.
It is still not working. What to do???
regards,
Bernadett

Replies

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same problem over the past 3 days. I've also tried disconnecting and reconnecting. I went to the Fitbit group in MFP and no help there, either.
  • crazyazmom
    crazyazmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin and have been having the same problem for weeks. Garmin reads mfp and my calorie intake but mfp will not sync my steps/activity off my Garmin.
  • lacelionette
    lacelionette Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same problem with my fitbit too. I had to submit a case to customer service too and I feel like it'll take ages for them to respond. Has anyone found a fix?
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have "Fitbit" selected as your steps source.
  • andrektan
    andrektan Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If you're specifically talking about steps not being counted in the mobile app, I've found (in iOS) that uninstalling MFP and reinstalling (and as Nancy mentioned, making sure Fitbit is set as your step counter) it will usually jumpstart it.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a hard reset? I did that when i first got my fitbit blaze and it took care of the issues i was having. If that doesn't work you'll probably need customer support. You can find hard reset instructions on fitbits customer support page.
  • heromomx3
    heromomx3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My fitbit was syncing fine until tonight.... Has anyone heard from customer service reguarding this problem?
  • reedsey
    reedsey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't syncing either. Says its completed successfully but has not synced. Frustrating, as I was trying to get back on track
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    crazyazmom wrote: »
    I have a Garmin and have been having the same problem for weeks. Garmin reads mfp and my calorie intake but mfp will not sync my steps/activity off my Garmin.

Are you starting and stopping the activity? With vivosmart you have to manual start the activity and stop it and it will sync and post to mfp
  • sabeerzaman
    sabeerzaman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same issue, also Fitbit charge hr. Just followed @NancyN795 's suggestion for setting Fitbit as your source for tracking steps (it was defaulted to "Don't track steps") Not sure if that'll solve the problem - waiting to see if it does.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    This happens periodically. First go through your app store and make sure both MFP and fitbit apps are up to date. Then go online with your computer and make sure that your fitbit account is up to date with steps and everything. If it is up to date online with your steps, then the bug is on MFP's end, if not then you need to contact fitbits customer support.
    Next you can try and force the adjustment by going to manually log your exercise on MFP select cardio, then do an exercise that adds 1 calorie burned. Sometimes that helps, otherwise try uninstalling and reinstalling, make sure fitbit is selected. Normally the bug goes away after a few days, and it works again. Till then just keep an eye on your TDEE via your fitbit dashboard, log your food in MFP and compare the two numbers.