New - anyone recovering from an eating disorder?

Options
Hi! New to myfitnesspal (about 2 weeks). Spent a few years (2007-2010) battling bulimia but have been healthy for over a year now and have finally decided to give weight loss a try - the health way! Wondering if anyone is or has been in a similar position and would be interested in keeping in touch privately. Please add me or send me a message!

Replies

• nibblerbigcat
    Options
    Oddly enough, I spent the same amounf of time (2007-2010) battling bulimia myself. I would love to chat!
  • fijennings4
    Options
    Hi, I suffered with bulimia for 3 years during my teens. At first I found it really difficult to lose weight without slipping into bad habits but now ive managed to form a great balance between eating well and exercising. Youll soon realise you feel so much better about yourself for losing pounds by doing it properly. you'll be fine, and we'll be here for you along the way!
  • mcgwnkrista
    Options
    In junior high and the beginning of highschool, I struggled with anorexia but not a major as some people. I got through it but ended up gaining weight at the same time which was discouraging but I'm glad to be eating healthy and not constantly hungry.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Been there done that back in the mid-80's for a couple years. Got myself put in the hospital, but they didn't know what it was. I didn't know either, but figured it out 10 years. later. I thought I discovered the next best weight loss technique. I wasn't taught what was healthy growing up and had a little pudge going on in 10th grade. I was so naive and oblivious to the long term effects.
    I'd love to help in any way.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    Started developing anorexia habits when i was 16 for about 6 months before people caught on and nipped it in the butt. I hate looking at the scale though and am trying to do dieting the healthy way as well for the first time in about 10 years. Wanted to take the time and break the cycle before I did the weight loss thing again. Anyone on here please feel free to add me as I'd love people who kind of know what I'm talking about.
  • BigZ486
    BigZ486 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I suppose you could say I had an eating disorder, but at the opposite end of the spectrum. I would not stop eating -- either I would never feel full, or I wouldn't care that I felt full and kept eating.

I finally topped out at 486 lbs. a few weeks ago...but since then, have lost 14 lbs.

And a strange thing happened to me when I was eating at a restaurant yesterday...I actually felt full about halfway through my meal and took the rest home to eat for another meal! (trust me, that has virtually NEVER happened to me.)

I also ate very little when I was a younger teenager, but that was probably just me being an extremely picky eater than being anorexic.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I had a form of anorexia in 9th and 10th grade. That was 13 years ago and sometimes I still struggle at times but don't let it win.