Over 50 year olds

Options
2»

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    57 year old here. Had to do a quick check with the calculator. Yup, 57. :laugh:
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. Anyone else is welcome too.

cheers
    :drinker:
  • Delboy1961
    Delboy1961 Posts: 26
    Options
    50 and 17 days so Im the baby of the group!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    50 and 6 days so I AM THE BABY!!:tongue:

Hi!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Hi!
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    now now children!!! lol :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

Hi!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • larcee
    larcee Posts: 1
    Options
    Brand new member as of today. I'm 56 so please add me also! Thanks.
  • wjkirby
    wjkirby Posts: 120
    Options
    52 here and I'm open to anyone wanting to be friends.
  • mrsanderson404
    Options
    I'm officially now over 50 by about 32 days....clearly not the baby as that crown has been claimed...:tongue: but here I am....back at it and working on the first cycle of the 17 day diet
  • woodswalker99
    Options
    Hi. I've been on MFP about 6 weeks and have lost 8.6 pounds. I'm 52 years old (53 in July) and i was afraid of gaining weight after reaching menopause. I really wasn't sure I'd be able to lose at first. I've reached my first goal of being under 130 pounds and now I'm shooting for 120 pounds. I haven't weighed that since I've been in my 20s! I've seen that my caloric needs have gone down a lot with age and even with exercise i have to keep my calories down. This has forced me to be more aware of my nutrition and not eat all those empty calories out there! One of the biggest changes was to stop myself from being a garbage can for the food my kids leave behind. I also spend a lot of time cooking and not snacking when I'm cooking has been one of the biggest challenges. Two things I read which helped me were that you own everything you eat so i track EVERYTHING I eat. All those little snacks and leftovers add up pretty quick. Also, you have to be patient and give your body time to adjust. Long term changes have to happen on the cellular level and that takes time. I had my kids pretty late (they're 14, 11 and 9) so staying healthy for them (and not wanting to look like their grandmother!) has been motivating for me. But probably the most effective changes have been the mental ones: to go easy on myself and if I slip up, then I slip up. It's okay. This is for the long term and I only made the goal of losing 1 pound per week so I'd be more likely to keep it off. I'm also a stress eater and becoming more aware of that (MFP has helped tremendously with that) has been a huge help. Good luck to all the over 50s out there. I now truly believe that weight loss is possible after 50.
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am 53 and would love to have some more 50+ friends!! Add me too!
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    I'm a beginner here at 56. Working hard to lose about 20 lbs.
    Anybody else like me?