Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies

Options
kgagnon7779
kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
Just made these from Hungry Girl - http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/1982

SO - good. The pumpkin might seem weird, but they are fantastic. Hubby who doesn't really enjoy lighter cooking loved them.

Ingredients:
One 18.25-oz. box moist-style devil's food cake mix
One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin (Libby's is best!)
1/4 cup creamy reduced-fat peanut butter, room temperature
1 tbsp. light soymilk (plain or vanilla) or fat-free milk (whatever you have on hand)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking pan (about 9" X 13") with nonstick spray and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix with pumpkin. Stir until completely blended. (Batter will be thick.) Spread batter into the baking pan, and smooth out the top.

In a small bowl, combine peanut butter with milk. Using a butter knife or a narrow spoon handle, stir until thoroughly mixed. Swirl the peanut butter mixture over the top of the batter with the knife or spoon handle.

Bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 - 25 minutes.

Allow to cool, and then cut into 16 pieces. Enjoy!

MAKES 16 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 brownie (1/16th of recipe)
Calories: 160
Fat: 4g
Sodium: 293mg
Carbs: 30g
Fiber: 2g
Sugars: 15.5g
Protein: 2.5g

PointsPlus® value 4*

Replies

• JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    yummy!
    bump!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Heading to supermarket....:smile: will buy the ingredients to make these :wink:

Thanks!!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    oh...my...word...I think you have just answered my prayers....THANKS FOR POSTING!
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Those sound delicious!!

Katie
  • kgagnon7779
    Options
    Heading to supermarket....:smile: will buy the ingredients to make these :wink:

Thanks!!!

You'll have to let me know what you think!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I wondered if these would be good :)
  • brendastar1
    Options
    They sound great! Thanks for sharing:happy:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    It sounds good but if I ahve 16 brownies in the house I dunno if I'd make it just eating one or two.... eep.
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    Bump!
  • aabyrer
    aabyrer Posts: 57
    Options
    BUMP these sound delicious!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try these.....thanks for sharing!
  • apowell13
    apowell13 Posts: 15
    Options
    I will have to give these a try as well. Sound yummy!
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Making these for a lighter choice for our cook out tomorrow. Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • kgagnon7779
    Options
    Making these for a lighter choice for our cook out tomorrow. Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:

Let me know what you and everyone else thinks! A friend of mine hates pumpkin and she was convinced she'd hate them....and she LOVED them! I had to send half the plate home with her and her family so I wouldn't keep eating them. I used Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Devil Food Cake. Not sure if it matters, but they are SUPER moist, so you might want to look for that particular kind.
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just made these from Hungry Girl - http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/1982

SO - good. The pumpkin might seem weird, but they are fantastic. Hubby who doesn't really enjoy lighter cooking loved them.

Ingredients:
    One 18.25-oz. box moist-style devil's food cake mix
    One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin (Libby's is best!)
    1/4 cup creamy reduced-fat peanut butter, room temperature
    1 tbsp. light soymilk (plain or vanilla) or fat-free milk (whatever you have on hand)

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking pan (about 9" X 13") with nonstick spray and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix with pumpkin. Stir until completely blended. (Batter will be thick.) Spread batter into the baking pan, and smooth out the top.

In a small bowl, combine peanut butter with milk. Using a butter knife or a narrow spoon handle, stir until thoroughly mixed. Swirl the peanut butter mixture over the top of the batter with the knife or spoon handle.

Bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 - 25 minutes.

Allow to cool, and then cut into 16 pieces. Enjoy!

MAKES 16 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 brownie (1/16th of recipe)
    Calories: 160
    Fat: 4g
    Sodium: 293mg
    Carbs: 30g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 15.5g
    Protein: 2.5g

PointsPlus® value 4*

I wonder if you could substitute 15 oz of unsweetened applesauce for the pumpkin, that way it would be even less calories!! and some unsweetened almond milk instead of soy....I'll have to try this sometime and get back to you guys :)
  • marthamae813
    marthamae813 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yum bump!
  • kemp42
    kemp42 Posts: 8
    Options
    bump
  • 2charchar
    2charchar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yum! These were really good! Great chocolatey peanut buttery treat!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    bumping because that looks delish!