Night Time Snacks

Options
I know it's not the greatest to eat late but sometimes I don't workout till late and I have a lot of calories left. Any suggestions on healthy snacks to eat late? Thanks!!

Replies

• kayaka1
    kayaka1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fruit!
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I usually eat a bagel thin with a little peanut butter on it and/or fruit. Cheese is also good I think.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Veggies, like carrot sticks or broccoli, or maybe a small bowl of fruit. I have grapes every night about 2 hours before bed.
  • PuzzleGirl65
    PuzzleGirl65 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I always try to have a little fruit and a little dairy before bed. I cut up either strawberries or blueberries and have them with either cottage cheese or milk.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    fruit like frozen grapes, watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, berries or an apple...maybe a banana witth PB if you need the protein.

homemade smoothie

its a bit heavier but I love almond butter on wheat toast.

hardboiled egg...chobani greek yogurt...shaved turkey slices...string cheese...
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    How about a green monster shake? Sounds and looks sort of nasty but tastes delicious and is really good for you:)

one bunch of spinach
    1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
    one banana
    1/2 cup soy milk
    a few ice cubes

---throw it all in a blender and enjoy! You honestly can't even taste the spinach:)

Or my other late night snacks are ryvita crackers with laughing cow cheese, or an apple with some almonds.
  • missolesky
    missolesky Posts: 40
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese, apparently the proteins are "slow digesting" and good for a late night snack
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Fat free Greek yogurt and fruit.
  • juebob
    juebob Posts: 6
    Options
    I usually have a small bowl of 50% fruit muesli with some pouring yogurt, it's yummy and definitely keeps you going! 
  • Marcieb21
    Marcieb21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like to make fruit smoothies!
  • HappyHealthyHolly
    HappyHealthyHolly Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but I heard that a small sandwich on whole wheat bread is a good night time snack. The bread is supposed to help you stay full longer & with the right toppings it wouldn't be too bad on calories. Personally, I'd do a half a peanut butter & strawberry sandwich with some veggies on the side. I like 100% whole grain bread, 1 tbs. smart balance crunchy peanut butter & fresh cut strawberries instead of jelly/jam. Add a small salad or bowl of cooked broccoli & carrots & your're all set!
    Hope this helps. :)
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Protein shake, nuts or cheese sticks - not sure how good they are before bedtime, but all items I've had late.
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Great ideas! I just had some strawberries. Gotta enjoy them while they're in season! Yum!