Just curious!

Options
My husband dont watch what he eats! He can really put down some food! LOL The other day just for fun, i calculated everything he ate, compared to what MFP gave him as allowed, he works outside in the heat all day, and with everything he had for that ONE day, he was like 5,000 calories over his allowed, YET he still has LOST 5 lbs. Does this make any sense to anyone?

Replies

• LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    He is a man. Men are evil when it comes to weightloss....

Is he fairly active?? Maybe he is buring far more than anticipated. I know my husband has a KILLER metabolism and with a bare minimum of calorie reduction loses weight. He loses when he isnt trying - lost about 25lbs by doing nothing at all.. Where to do the same I have been working my butt off!!!
  • sarahtroupe
    sarahtroupe Posts: 164
    Options
    OMG yes this sounds like my hubby i just think that men can loose weight fast:)))) Stay encouraged:)))
  • True_angel4ever
    Options
    My husband is VERY active, all day long in the heat. I really wish i could eat and lose like he does, MEN!!! lol
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Oh i can relate...my hubby eats twice or triple at much as I eat and he isn't dieting but since I've been on mfp, he has lost 15 lbs not trying! I do cook a lot healthier now but still....! This just isn't fair. It's pretty cool though that you calculated everything your husband ate in a day lol. We women just have to work SO much harder!!!
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing with my husband couple weeks ago. He ate over 5000 cal in one day!! He EATS and never gains weight.. He NEVER worksout. I will be running or riding my bike while he is sitting on the couch eating....
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    My husband dont watch what he eats! He can really put down some food! LOL The other day just for fun, i calculated everything he ate, compared to what MFP gave him as allowed, he works outside in the heat all day, and with everything he had for that ONE day, he was like 5,000 calories over his allowed, YET he still has LOST 5 lbs. Does this make any sense to anyone?

Yep, that's my sweetie too! NOT FAIR is it???? :-) Linda/RN
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    ARG! MIne too ! MEN!
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    I wish I was that lucky! :(
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Mine to!
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It makes most sense. It must be frustrating to watch, though. Yes, men are built to carry less fat so a little change goes a long way.

This comes to prove my theory that you can't take the MFP recommendation as the Gospel. It is a tool to log what you eat and your activity but not to be taken too literally....not to be used as 'expert' advice or replaced for medical instruction. Thank you for illustrating my point!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Yes, this makes absolute sense. My husband is a carpenter, and a pharmacist acquaintance of ours calculated that with a typical 8 hour day, he should be eating about 5,000 calories to maintain his weight.