Over doing it?

Sup fitness pals. A little about me before i ask my question im about 5'9..388lbs(400 when i decided to change my life few weeks ago)..yea big as hell i kno lol. Ive played sports all my life..football in HS and i gained about 100lbs after HS. Life hit me harder than Kimbo Slice..anyway im no stranger to running and lifting daily..but is that the right thing to do? I try to do a few miles a day on the treadmil and i strength train everytime im in the gym meaning i dont seperate leg..chest..shoulder days..i just do it all lol..am i hurting progress? Over training or?

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hard to tell without knowing what days you're in the gym. For strength training, you generally want at least a day of rest for a worked muscle. If you're hitting the gym other other day, you're probably good until you start to plateau. If every day, you're overdoing things. As far as the running goes, just listen to your body -- 380+ is a big load on your knees and such, even if you have the muscle to support it. Working through "sore" is OK, but real pain is a sign to reevaluate what you're doing.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Lifting every day without at least a rest day off for each area you work, and running every day, sounds like classic overtraining.
  • antwaneg52
    antwaneg52 Posts: 11 Member
    Im usually in the gym 4 to 5 days a week right now. Sun-thur. But from what you guys have said ill might have to spread it out a bit although the only pain i experience is just the typical next door soreness from the muscles I've worked. Thank you guys for the time