Just dance 2 and the numbers of calories Burnt

Options
Do really burn many calories playing just dance 2. people say you tally up ur sweat points for that particular day. divide them by 4.2 and the result is how many calories you burnt. Is that really true someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And thats how many calories i enter on MFP. Can someone please hepl me. Please and thank you

Replies

• AJDL
    AJDL Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great question! I'd like to know the same. I've been doing Just Dance 2 for about 3 weeks, and just ener it as dancing.
  • Brittany1414
    Options
    I play the dance game for x box and its about 80 cals per 20 mins of dancing..not all that time in between chossing game though ..thats doesnt count
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i heard the same thing about divide by 4.2,
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    not sure about calculating the sweat points but i have played before and wore my heart rate monitior. i burned about 100 calories in 15-20 minutes.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I wear my HRM when I play just dance 2 that way I know what I burned. Some days I burn a lot and others not so much, it all depends on what songs I do and how hard I really did try.
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    I workout using Just dance 2 as well. However, while dancing I use a strapless Heart Rate Monitor to tell me exactly how many calories I'm burning. The points on the game r just that points based upon your movements for the song.
  • LizToner
    LizToner Posts: 49
    Options
    You can do a fitness mode, and it measures how many calories you burn! After you pick the song, and the level, there should be an option before hitting dance! It tells you how long and how many calories burned, as well as heart rate! Good luck!
  • alexwalper
    alexwalper Posts: 81
    Options
    not sure about calculating the sweat points but i have played before and wore my heart rate monitior. i burned about 100 calories in 15-20 minutes.

This is very similar to what I got when I wore my heart rate monitor as well! I burned a little bit more, but I probably weigh more :) (5'9" and 185lbs).