Starting to feel "unsatisfied" food wise

Options
maidengirl_
maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
edited June 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all!

So I've been logging accurately on MFP for over 6 months now. I exercise practically everyday. I own a food scale and I weigh everything. Fast forward to now and I am down 34 pounds and 6 inches in my waist. Just within the last month, I'm beginning to feel unsatisfied food wise. I eat all my calories for the day and I am nearly starving mad after every meal. I have cut out most juice and have substituted with sparkling water or tea as I am not a huge fan of water. I'm not gonna lie and say I eat clean all the time because I don't but I do eat decent food that I cook myself such as salads, fish, meat, vegetables, rice. etc. Fast food has been limited but not eliminated. I'm not sure if this has to do with my current calorie intake or what or if this is a normal process after weight loss. I have been lowering my intake every 10 pounds lost. Should I raise my calorie intake and not change it after every 10 pounds lost if I am still successfully losing weight? I still have about 17 more pounds to lose before reaching my goal weight. At this point, I really don't care how much I lose per week or how long it takes for me to get there. I just want to feel satisfied food wise and reach my goal so I don't end up eating the wrong things and regaining all the weight back I have lost. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Stats:
Starting/current
Height: 5'5
Waist: 38>32
Weight: 191>157

Calorie intake:
1570>1500>1450

x8ss92xj08o8.png

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You are looking great!! Weight loss gets slower the closer you are to your goal. Do you have it set for .5 pound per week? You should, if not.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    It is my understanding that going slower at the end of weight loss is better and more sustainable. What are the maintenance calories for 140lb for you? That is the amount you will have to learn to be satisfied with, if you want to stay that size. Anything that amount or less should get you there, it will just be slower, which is fine.

Also, great job!
  • maidengirl_
    Options
    I think what you need is a 2 week deficit break, just eat at maintenance; we all have to take a vacation from our routines eventually & congratulations on your success, thus far!

That's a great idea! I didn't think about that!
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    You are looking great!! Weight loss gets slower the closer you are to your goal. Do you have it set for .5 pound per week? You should, if not.

Thank you!! I think I still have mine set to 2 lbs per week but I haven't been using MFP suggestions. I set my own goal out the gate and have been manually changing it myself but I guess I could calculate it for maintenance for a bit if it would help.

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I think what you need is a 2 week deficit break, just eat at maintenance; we all have to take a vacation from our routines eventually & congratulations on your success, thus far!

Thank you!! I think I still have mine set to 2 lbs per week but I haven't been using MFP suggestions. I set my own goal out the gate and have been manually changing it myself but I guess I could calculate it for maintenance for a bit if it would help.

You're very much welcome!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and never ate under 1650. I'm 136 pounds now and been maintaining around that for 2 years. There's no way I could have eaten less!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Put it to .5 pound per week and or go to maintenance for a couple of weeks. You need to figure out what your maintenance needs are. Maintenance is still part of the process.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/113609/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner/p1

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    G

Good work, OP! I completely agree about the break.
  • maidengirl_
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions! I will try eating at maintenance for a bit to see if this helps any!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You've made great progress and it shows! I suggest that you raise your cals by at least 500 and accept you will lose a little slower. Also experiment with what and when you eat. I'm continually readjusting. Something will work for awhile, then I'll get cravings again and switch some things around. Also, make sure you eat lots of protein because it's more satiating. Keep it going!
  • JohnMooney612
    JohnMooney612 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Try intermittent fasting!!!!!!!!
  • mandamoxie
    mandamoxie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What are your workouts like? You said you work out every day, so maybe 1450 calories just isn't enough for you with what your activity level is. Do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • maidengirl_
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    You've made great progress and it shows! I suggest that you raise your cals by at least 500 and accept you will lose a little slower. Also experiment with what and when you eat. I'm continually readjusting. Something will work for awhile, then I'll get cravings again and switch some things around. Also, make sure you eat lots of protein because it's more satiating. Keep it going!

Thank you @lorrpb ! I will try adjusting my intake level as I believe I had it set a sedentary before because I sit down at work all the time (theres no way around this lol) but I am very active in my home gym for at least 30-45 minutes. My cravings are just starting to get a bit crazy I can't fathom how I've managed to eat so little calories all this time without the cravings.
    mandamoxie wrote: »
    What are your workouts like? You said you work out every day, so maybe 1450 calories just isn't enough for you with what your activity level is. Do you eat back your exercise calories?

Hi @mandamoxie I do a bit of everything for 30 to 45 minutes a day. Plyometrics, cardio, pilates, and resistance/weight training at home. I do this for about 6 days a week and on Sunday I will either do an ab workout, pilates or do a light activity like walking or actually rest if I feel extra blah. I eat back my exercise calories sometimes but not all the time.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your awesome loss!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Since you're eating back most of your exercise cals, there's no need to change your activity level. MFP wants your activity not counting exercise, then log the exercise separately.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I would drop down to a pound a week and see how satisfied you feel there.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,969 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

With only 17 more pounds to lose, change your weekly weight loss goal to 0.5 pound per week and enjoy those extra calories - at this point, a 1000 calorie deficit per day is way too aggressive.

Congrats on your progress thus far!

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Just here to say awesome job!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Well done so far. The members here have given you sound advice about decreasing the aggressiveness of your calorie deficit (i.e. change Goals to "Lose 1/2 pound per week".) You'll still lose and you'll feel so much better. I had to do the same thing at about the same point in my weight-loss, and I lost more like one pound per week even though I had it set to 1/2 pound.

A two week "refeed" at maintenance was also needed for me. I was exhausted and cranky.

Onward! Keep doing it! Congratulations. :)