Heya....looking to lose ~120lbs

Options
Hi all,

I'm Laura, and I'm a morbidly obese 37yr old. I am a professional singer, and somewhat physically active, but only in fits & starts. I started this year off at my heaviest ever: 305 lbs. I have lost almost 25 lbs in the last 3 months, but my goal is to lose at least another 120. I have drastically changed my horrible eating habits into a whole-food plan. My sister is a personal trainer, so I'm getting help from her as well.

Would love to chat and hear from anyone who wants to say hey, especially those on a BIG weight loss journey like myself.

Thanks!
Laura

Replies

• seanrgallagher
    seanrgallagher Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Friend me, looking for motivation too. Got back on this app about 3 months ago, I've lost 17 lbs so far.
  • AnnieWilliams4
    AnnieWilliams4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    you can always drop me a line about foods
  • RayaQb
    RayaQb Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome 120 pounds is my goal as well, that would put me at 155.
    I started at 290, When I seen that I was like "No way am I stepping on that scale and it reads 300" :-)

Add me lets stay in touch :-)
  • poppy5109
    poppy5109 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow. Im 39 started at 310 down over 20 pounds. My sister is an IFBB professional body builder. Let's support either.
  • nursecasg
    nursecasg Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hey and congrats on your loss so far! You are on your way :smile:
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I too started at 304, my heaviest in February I started my lifestyle change after loss g my mother in law to cancer and promising her I would get healthy. Today I am at 250. I have made a lot of changes. From no sugar, no soda, to quitting smoking, and adding fruits and veggies and drinking only water. I lost 30 pounds before coming on MFP and I have been here for 76 days now. A lot of friends have become inactive as you will see they do. So I am looking to add new ones that will be interactive. I post daily, comment and have an open diary. Anyone with an interest to support each other can send a request
  • shawnteldardenyahoocom374
    Options
    Add me