share my burden

Options
hii all :smile:

im quite new here .. its been 2 weeks on MFP and im still struggling to devise a right diet chart for me
whatever i plan is always high carb..

need desperate help... can all u successful ones share ur successful diet chart with me so that
i can understand where im going wrong...

plz dont ignore :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    hii all :smile:

im quite new here .. its been 2 weeks on MFP and im still struggling to devise a right diet chart for me
    whatever i plan is always high carb..

need desperate help... can all u successful ones share ur successful diet chart with me so that
    i can understand where im going wrong...

plz dont ignore :flowerforyou:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You can add more protein by eating:

tuna
    grilled or baked fish / chicken / turkey
    cottage cheese
    lean roast beef
    ham
    eggs
    nuts / peanut butter

Carbs are okay as long as you are getting them from fruit, vegetables, and whole grain products.

What are you eating now?
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    You can add more protein by eating:

tuna
    grilled or baked fish / chicken / turkey
    cottage cheese
    lean roast beef
    ham
    eggs
    nuts / peanut butter

Carbs are okay as long as you are getting them from fruit, vegetables, and whole grain products.

What are you eating now?

one egg daily.. fried with 1 tsp oil or boiled is ok???

just wanted to know u ppl's complete diet plan for a week if possible
  • Katy009
    Options
    I guess I can't really help you there because I change what I eat on a daily basis. I don't have a set plan for the entire week. I enter as I eat.....or try to enter the entire day in the morning, but it usually changes somewhat.

I just try to mix everything up. If I ate the same thing all week, I would get really bored with it and probably end up not doing so good.

For example, this week I am planning to make pizza, which I have not had for a very long time. I will make a whole wheat crust and add grilled veges and cheese to it. Everything I have is made at home....I eat very little foods that are already prepared. I eat lots of whole wheat rice and add sauteèd veges.....lots of salads loaded with mixed veges and tuna....and I grill lots of fish (sometimes also chicken) for dinner. Right now is watermelon season so I have been having that or cantaloupe for a snack.

Sorry!!!! Good luck!
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    heyy u dont need to say sorry.. that was a great help..

here in pakistan we eat chappati made up of a dough of whole wheat flour. so i guess its ok to eat that coz thats whole wheat grains..

do u exercise? ..my son is 8 months old and believe u me he is a difficult one.. i cannt get time to exercise.. so was wondering if stricting cals intake would help

PS: what vegies do u usually mix in rice
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    I am on a low carb diet and have been for 3 years. I've lost close to 100 pounds. it's worked well for me. I eat between 20 and 60 carbs a day on average. I have mostly protein, veggies and dairy.
  • Katy009
    Options
    heyy u dont need to say sorry.. that was a great help..

here in pakistan we eat chappati made up of a dough of whole wheat flour. so i guess its ok to eat that coz thats whole wheat grains..

do u exercise? ..my son is 8 months old and believe u me he is a difficult one.. i cannt get time to exercise.. so was wondering if stricting cals intake would help

PS: what vegies do u usually mix in rice

Whole wheat is great....I have not heard of chappati, but I will look it up when I get a chance.

Do you have a stroller? If you even just walk for 30-45 min pushing the stroller, you can get in some exercise. When my daughter was little, that's what I did! You can also do some floor exercises while laying on the floor playing with him.

I still walk for exercise with my daughter or we go for a bike ride together. Have you thought about taking your son to the pool? We went on Monday (my day off) for about 5 hours, 3 of which I spent in the pool swimming.......that's great exercise even if you are not swimming 'laps'. Walking in the kiddie pool is a great workout, too.

As for rice, I sauteè any veges I have on hand.....usually I mix red & yellow peppers, red onion, asparagus, zucchini, carrots, cherry tomatoes & mushrooms (you can also use eggplant, celery, leeks, fennel.....really anything that you like). I sauteè them in 2 TBSP oil and a little salt and divide in half so I have two meals prepared (and that cuts the oil to 1 TBSP p/ serving. I mix it with about 100 grams (cooked) of ww rice. Really yummy. You can also just add the veges on top of fish or chicken or instead of rice, mix it with ww pasta.

:flowerforyou:
  • Katy009
    Options
    and...I wouldn't restrict your calories. I think you're better off to get a healthy, balanced diet so you have energy for you and your son. Cutting calories won't help you in the long-run.
  • Katy009
    Options
    Do you eat falafel.....or hummus? They can be high in calories because of the chickpeas, but in moderation, are great. I love meatballs made from falafel and sometimes use hummus instead of mayonnaise.
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    and...I wouldn't restrict your calories. I think you're better off to get a healthy, balanced diet so you have energy for you and your son. Cutting calories won't help you in the long-run.

thats great help ...:) :smile: infact i was not getting the hang of things.. and plz guide what exercises can i do with my son .. would be obliged

ww rice and brown rice r the same thing???
  • Katy009
    Options
    sorry....whole wheat and brown rice are the same.

Exercise:

walk with the stroller
    you can do sit-ups or leg lifts while he's on the floor playing
    you can even play with him by lifting him up and down which is great for your arms and fun for him!
    also do this by using your legs (kind of like playing airplane with him)
    if you have a community pool nearby, go there
    put in an exercise dvd....even if you can get 1/2 of it done before he gets fussy, it's better than nothing.

My best suggestion is walking right now while he's little. He will enjoy being out as much as you. As he gets older, it will get easier and before you know it, he can do all of these things with you.
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    sorry....whole wheat and brown rice are the same.

Exercise:

walk with the stroller
    you can do sit-ups or leg lifts while he's on the floor playing
    you can even play with him by lifting him up and down which is great for your arms and fun for him!
    also do this by using your legs (kind of like playing airplane with him)
    if you have a community pool nearby, go there
    put in an exercise dvd....even if you can get 1/2 of it done before he gets fussy, it's better than nothing.

My best suggestion is walking right now while he's little. He will enjoy being out as much as you. As he gets older, it will get easier and before you know it, he can do all of these things with you.

why r u saying sorry again and again

lolzzz comeonnnnn .... :glasses:

okie i will try all of the above.. and will let u know.. i thought that what would be the use if i hv to do 30 min workout and he weeps in between :bigsmile:
  • Katy009
    Options
    Okay, going home for lunch. Please send me a msg if you need anything!
  • sehar35
    sehar35 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    need to add pakistani ppl
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Pakistani here. Don't think that really makes the difference to weight loss though!
    Eat chapati but try and eat 1 instead of two. Try eating less but of the same thing. Because I still have chapati and curry and pakistani food but if I eat according to calories and log on here I do lose weight! My problem is consistency. Add me if u like
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Katy009 wrote: »

The only way to lose weight is to restrict your calories so that you're in a deficit...?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!