i am confuse.....

Options
i am in pakistan the food i cook its for my family it is difficult for me to count the cal or carb but i try to eat a small portion of that food here in pakistan we have cook who make are food so we don,t know the amount of oil he put in food but i try to cook food for me when i free from my kids ............the food list given here in fitnesspal is not match to my food or food i find in pakistan very little brands i find here but i am still trying to much my food with the list but everytime i take less cal or sometime large amount of caleries ..........

Replies

• sarafaisal
    Options
    i am in pakistan the food i cook its for my family it is difficult for me to count the cal or carb but i try to eat a small portion of that food here in pakistan we have cook who make are food so we don,t know the amount of oil he put in food but i try to cook food for me when i free from my kids ............the food list given here in fitnesspal is not match to my food or food i find in pakistan very little brands i find here but i am still trying to much my food with the list but everytime i take less cal or sometime large amount of caleries ..........
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    You can add the foods that you use to food database.
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    :smile: Hi! I have lived in foreign countries a lot! I understand when someone else cooks for you. What I do is ask that the meals (at least mine) be prepared with many vegetables, preferably steamed or grilled, with no dressing. Salads with dressing on the sides, that way I could use lemon and olive oil and garlic, salt and pepper to my liking, meats grilled or if in stews, that minimal fats are used. Meat and veggies can always be pulled out of stews and the sauce pretty much ignored!

It is a challenge when someone else cooks your food and they have "their way" to do it. I think that maybe getting recipes from some websites (Oprah.com recipes are good, there are lots of other sites) will help. Sticking to the whole grains, veggies, fruits and whatever beans, fish, meat, yogurts, etc. that you eat--will help. Also, we have the advantage of having our calories, fats, proteins, etc. listed on food packages. Many other countries do not.

Add your foods to this data base. You will probably have to research what is in your food, it may take some extra time yet knowing what you are putting into the bodies of yourself and your family is very important, no matter if you are dieting, learning to eat healthy, or just plain eating! You can do this and acheive your goal!!!!:heart:
  • sehar35
    sehar35 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    any pakistani???