South beach diet...

Options
Anyone currently on it or have done it??? Thinking about trying it out and would like some input on how well it works and what it entails.

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I did it for about 3 months sometime last year and lost about 25 lbs, but once I stopped following it to a T, I gained all the weight back, and then some. It's a good plan, but it really does have to be a lifestyle change...it can't just be a diet.
  • buttercup62999
    buttercup62999 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i too have had some success, really love it, but like the last person it must be a lifestyle change. It is doable to be honest I in a way follow some parts of it almost all the time, I just couldn't get implement everything all the time!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    The hardest part is the first 2 weeks...which is basically just like the Adkins diet...but after the first 2 weeks you can add back in good carbs. I just find counting calories a lot easier than trying to plan every meal and only eat certain foods. I like being able to eat whatever I want...I don't feel so deprived then...you just have to know how to balance.
  • tburke11
    tburke11 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am hoping it works for me because I need to lose as much weight as possible by August 24th (my wedding day!!)
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I tried it and lost 20 lbs with it:bigsmile: It was great for starting me off with weightloss but I find counting calories to be best for my long term goals. Good luck and congrats on your upcoming wedding!
  • ScarletluvsEric
    Options
    I lost 10lbs in the first 2 weeks. The first 3-4 days, when your body is detoxing from the carbs/caffine, I had the worst headaches. Oh and you don't have a lot of energy while your body is detoxing either. I have a friend that used SBD to jumpstart her weight loss, then she switched to WW. She is now down 100lbs in a year. I have antother friend using it and is down 60lbs in 6mo. So, yes it works, but it's very restrictive.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My nephew & his wife have done very well on it. I got the book a few years ago and struggled with it because I don't do well on "diets". I do much better with very strict PORTION CONTROL, i.e. accurately weighing, measuring, leveling off excess quantities and logging every single item that goes in my mouth. Diets make you FAT because, when you go off the diet, you pile the weight right back on plus a bunch more. Been there~~~done that: far too many times. I'm in this for the rest of my life now. Doing what I'm doing right now and logging it all will be what I'll continue doing until my life has ended.
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    The hardest part is the first 2 weeks...which is basically just like the Adkins diet...but after the first 2 weeks you can add back in good carbs. I just find counting calories a lot easier than trying to plan every meal and only eat certain foods. I like being able to eat whatever I want...I don't feel so deprived then...you just have to know how to balance.

DITTO!!