Oprah said it best....

I love bread. A meal doesn't sate me until I have bread. It could be 100% nutritionally sound and tasty and my stomach will be full but I must have bread.

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    I haven't had real bread in two years, have a bite for me!
  • Cyndiaquino
    Cyndiaquino Posts: 72 Member
    I eat bread all the time. I buy whole wheat 60 calorie per slice kind. It's so good. I've lost 62 1/2 pounds, and I didn't give up anything.
  • clark614
    clark614 Posts: 92 Member
    Which whole wheat bread is 60 calories per slice??
  • JustMissTracy
    I eat bread all the time. I buy whole wheat 60 calorie per slice kind. It's so good. I've lost 62 1/2 pounds, and I didn't give up anything.

I still eat 'bread', but its gluten free now, and doesn't really taste anything like the bread I remember..lol!
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Dave's killer bread has varieties that are 60 a slice
  • antwaneg52
    antwaneg52 Posts: 11 Member
    I started trying the ezekial bread which I've heard is 1 of the healthiest??? The taste is ok...but it goes bad extremely fast.
  • bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    http://www.daveskillerbread.com/#first-slide

I discovered Dave's killer 21 grain bread recently. It is the best. I tried the no bread thing, but then decided bread, like cheese and wine, are life.

I eat two slices of really good bread every day, sometimes a really good baguette.

Why give up anything you love if you can make it fit and still be well nourished??

• bogwoppt1

I still eat 'bread', but its gluten free now, and doesn't really taste anything like the bread I remember..lol!

Celiac disease is challenging isn't it. I have a friend who is diabetic and celiac, cooking for her is very interesting.
  • JustMissTracy
    It is, it's non stop thinking to avoid mistakes...and i make mistakes ALL THE TIME!
  • bogwoppt1
    Rottified wrote: »

I can find the regular 21 grain at Costco here in Canada, but I see they have a 60 cals per slice version in the US. I would totally buy that, then I could eat even more slices a day!!!

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    antwaneg52 wrote: »
    I started trying the ezekial bread which I've heard is 1 of the healthiest??? The taste is ok...but it goes bad extremely fast.

Do you keep it in the fridge or freezer? It's good for a bit in the fridge but it'll last a nice long time in the freezer. I just thaw a couple pieces as I need it. On the counter it'll be moldy in a day.
  • nursecasg
    nursecasg Posts: 123 Member
    I understand what she means, because I dont feel full unless I have a carbohydrate with a meal. It could be as simple as a half of pita bread with my greek salad, but just the salad doenst cut it.
  • Cyndiaquino
    Cyndiaquino Posts: 72 Member
    clark614 wrote: »

Sara Lee 100% Whole Wheat.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Rottified wrote: »

I'm not really a bread person at all and rarely eat it, especially with my sulfate/sulfite allergy, but when I get a craving for a BLT or PB&J I always use Dave's Killer Bread. I love that bread or Alvarado Street Bakery. All other store bought bread tastes gross to me and/or are filled with sulfate preservatives so I cannot eat them. Those two companies also have the best ingredients/nutritional facts when it comes to sandwich bread. I really do find it's worth paying the extra dollar or two.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    I love bread too. I live in Canada and we have a brand called Silver Hills. They make a sprouted grain loaf called Little Big Bread that's only 55 calories per slice. The loaf is smaller and it's sliced thin. For me, it's perfect. I have it daily, but not with every meal. For the calories there's a fair amount of fiber and it's filling.

http://www.silverhillsbakery.ca/products/sprouted-bread/little-big-bread
  • kat91weightloss
    kat91weightloss Posts: 2 Member
    I remember Oprah saying she gained weight in Africa because of al the bread she ate and I thought who doesn't have bread?!?!? But I have never been bothered about bread, although I recommend raisin and cinnamon bread as a filling snack.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member

Sara Lee makes whole wheat bread that is 45 calories per slice.

• ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member

Dempster's thin slice is actually 50. Smaller slices mind you, and I prefer to have an English muffin for 60 per side...for some reason it just feels more satisfying.