Confused and helpless

Options
I don't understand why, someone please explain to me. I have lost alot of weight I'm 5'5" 54kg I've lost 5kg but I look like I have more fat than before. I really don't understand what is going on, I'm nor sure if I should try to gain weight back to when I looked smaller but I'm so afraid to do so. Someone please tell me what's going on.

Replies

• STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Without seeing any pictures I can't make a proper evaluation and comment.

Not that I'm being critical, can what you see in the mirror now, is it in your head and a perceived notion of how you feel about yourself. Remember we are our worst critic.

All I can tell you is follow the MFP guidelines. It does work it worked for me and I have faith in it. It also took me awhile to realize that I'm losing weight. Not being arrogant but when I look at myself in the mirror now I go wow I can't believe that's me. I have to do a double or triple take it doesn't seem real.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    If you're losing it too quickly you're likely losing muscle mass. Body composition has a lot to do with it.
  • dgjmrhrmh99
    dgjmrhrmh99 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have sort of the same issue. I lost 30 lbs last summer I still have a good 20 to go...I have to by smaller jeans than when I started..I don't think I loom fatter...but I think my body is softer...so I have a more pronounced roll around the top of my jeans because I lost more of my weight around my ribs and in my hips and legs..if I buy the same size I did before I lost the weight I look sloppy and unkempt but if I buy them to fit my hips and legs then I have a more pronounced roll..they arnt really tight on my stomach I just have absolutely no muscle tone there (it's ts where I carry most my weight..now if I wear yoga pants or something that has that sort of top to the pants I look smaller than I did before I lost the weight...I was so bloated and full all the time my stomach was a lot firmer..it wasn't muscle just harder fat lol
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You are right within normal weight BMI. I think you would benefit from lifting, building a little more muscle. You would weigh more but lose some of that fat over the next year or so. I suggest say, six months of bulk, followed by a month of "cut". Then see how you look.
  • ricki011
    ricki011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    if you can, visit a dietician that can help you evaluate your challenge; find one that uses MFP in their plans. I did and it's very helpful.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why, someone please explain to me. I have lost alot of weight I'm 5'5" 54kg I've lost 5kg but I look like I have more fat than before. I really don't understand what is going on, I'm nor sure if I should try to gain weight back to when I looked smaller but I'm so afraid to do so. Someone please tell me what's going on.

You have low muscle mass. Eat more and work on building muscle (i.e., do progressive resistance exercise.) Losing weight and not having underlying developed muscle just makes you a smaller and softer version of what you started with.