Herbalife - good or bad??

Options

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    My mom SCAMMED many people for many years. Easy to do.
  • Onhowtobelovely
    Onhowtobelovely Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Then what happens when you go off it? Find a way of life you can maintain for life, not just as long as you are on a certain program.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Herbalife for over a year now, and for people saying its just shakes and you never eat, that's balls! You eat 5 times a day (including 2 shakes) so never feel hungry !!
    Personal, i have a lot more energy, my skin is clearer and hair is healthier as the shakes and healthy eating is providing me with all the right vitamins and minerals that i need !
    I had stopped using it for a while and even eating crap now and again i still didn't put the weight back on!! To the people who say they come off it and put weight back on - YOUR OBVIOUSLY GOING TO PUT WEIGHT ON IF YOU GO BACK TO YOUR BAD EATING HABBITS! If you come off it you just carry on eating healthy and replace your shakes for a healthy alternative !
    Hope this helps.
    #herbalifeisthebest

Jesus, yet another zombie bringing this post back from the dead two years later. It's like clockwork!

I'm waiting for another post from an Herbalife zombie for this thread to crop in June 2018. I'm calling it right now.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's neither good or bad...it's just a tool...not a tool I'd use, but that doesn't make it either good or bad...
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Wow- this is from 2012.
    Oh the desperation from the MLM marketers.
  • CarolKennedyDiamond
    CarolKennedyDiamond Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My sister and I tried it years ago, no loss in weight but I lost about $200 til I learned it wasn't really helping, just eating less and moving more seems to work... My Brother in Law affectionately called it "Scam a Life"
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    It's neither good or bad...it's just a tool...not a tool I'd use, but that doesn't make it either good or bad...

Liver damage isn't bad? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3004035/
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    It appears the report button is broken.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Mine wasn't.
  • amandacreates91
    amandacreates91 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you read the disclaimer on their photos it all say results included changes in diet and exercise.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »

Liver damage isn't bad? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3004035/

Even the study suggest that it's vary rare. And all patients recovered from it. On top of that, 3 people doesn't mean it can be extrapolated to the greater population, nor does it mean that you won' t find these same effects with other supplements (e.g. - pre workouts, bcaa, other protein shakes). It also doesn't take into consideration any changes to the formulas in the past 6 years.

I am not sure that you knew this, but many supplement tested high for heavy metals around the 2010 time frame, including many of peoples favorite protein shakes.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

It wasn't. I cleaned up the ones actually selling. But expressing an opinion, even in an old thread isn't a violation. And in case anyone is curious to what the advertising policy actually states, see below:

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.

b) Requests or solicitations for donations are also not allowed. This includes requesting contributions to “pooled fund” competitions, requests for votes in any venue (online contests, etc.), and even requests for charitable contributions. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people who would like to raise money for worthy causes through the site. As much as we'd like to support these causes, if we were to allow requests for donations, the forums would quickly become full of such requests which would take away from the main purpose of the forums - to support one another.

c) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.

• erwingeminie20
    erwingeminie20 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you trying to loose weight. You can try watching "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" in Youtube. See if you can do that. But if you just trying to be healthy just try to do a veggie juice instead.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    And now the thread has gone full potato.

That video is just a commercial.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    If you trying to loose weight. You can try watching "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" in Youtube. See if you can do that. But if you just trying to be healthy just try to do a veggie juice instead.

It's supid information with no real science but hey the have pretty good juicers for sale. JK
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    And now the thread has gone full potato.

Can you eat potatoes with Herbalife?
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

99kvbg4smcqx.png
  • RogerShehata
    RogerShehata Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Anyone who calls any MLM a scam is obviously misinformed or uneducated! E.g. Herbalife is a company that has been around for over 36 years in 94 countries and has helped over 100 million clients right around the world. Now common sense would tell you if it was a scam it wouldn't have lasted this long and keep opening in more countries and by the way turning over more than US$7.8Billion per annum.

[Edited by MFP Mods]
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Anyone who calls any MLM a scam is obviously misinformed or uneducated! E.g. Herbalife is a company that has been around for over 36 years in 94 countries and has helped over 100 million clients right around the world. Now common sense would tell you if it was a scam it wouldn't have lasted this long and keep opening in more countries and by the way turning over more than US$7.8Billion per annum.

[Edited by MFP Mods]

99% of people in mlm lose money.

Herbalife is a sub par product at an inflated price.

But I am uneducated when it comes to nutrition...what do I know.