Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I had the Lap Band but still need help

I am 38yrs old and just moved to Cortez, CO in Feb. Everything that worked in Phoenix doesn't work for me here. I had the Lap Band put in March of 2015. As a tool not as an easy way out and boy is this not an easy way out!! I have been stuck at 240lbs and a size 18 for 8 months. I just recently started lowering my calories to 1000 a day. Well for 1.5 weeks. But still need help!!

Replies

• johnbuhmann
    johnbuhmann Posts: 1 Member
    I had a lap band installed about 6 years ago my goal was to loose 140 lbs. In the first year I lost 97 lbs. Then I hit a plateau and it seemed like I could not loose no matter what I did. Over the last 5 years I games 35 lbs. I am now back to exercising and eating healthier. Don't get discouraged. You don't want to slip back into bad habits. I also only weigh myself once a month now. I use to weigh every day and that can get discouraging. Keep me updated on your progress. I will update after 1 month.
  • sam_bruck
    sam_bruck Posts: 2 Member
    1000 calories might be too little! Try eating while healthy foods, and really concentrating on eating them, only when you are hungry, and stopping when full! Eating too little calories can backfire and drop your metabolism...walking is great too, best wishes!
  • sam_bruck
    sam_bruck Posts: 2 Member
    sam_bruck wrote: »
    1000 calories might be too little! Try eating while healthy foods, and really concentrating on eating them, only when you are hungry, and stopping when full! Eating too little calories can backfire and drop your metabolism...walking is great too, best wishes!

"Whole" healthy foods :)
  • jennalgood
    jennalgood Posts: 13 Member
    I was Eating 1500 cal diet. Now was told by dr 1000 cal. But I am still learning. I am doing my measurements as I started out when banded at 277lbs and 26 size pants I am now 240lbs and size 18 pants went from a 3x shirt to a XL to a L shirt. It is my tummy that will not allow me to go smaller in pants. I have lose skin in my thighs, arms and tummy.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Are you exercising regularly?
  • jennalgood
    I walk stairs every day as the copier at work is up stairs and I walk around the campus. I work at Crow Canyon Archaeological Center as the front desk go to girl, so I am doing more in this job then I am at home. If I ever have a day off I hike down into the canyon and go dancing. But thats about it I know I need to do more!!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    As long as you don't have a medical issue that prevents you from it, try adding some body weight strength exercises and then progress to adding weight when you're ready. This will help you hold onto more muscle when you drop into such a deficit. Adding some squats and lunges and maybe some planks and dips can be done when you don't have much time but can help you feel better.
  • jennalgood
    I will try that. I use to do the Cross fit with my friend in Phoenix, but now I work so much here, by the time I get home I am dead on my feet.
  • jennalgood
    At 1500 Cal. I wasn't losing anything. I also Increased my protein so that nothing was eating at what muscles I have..lol