How Realistic is it

Options
13»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    14 lbs in 6 weeks would be easy for some and hard for others. If 14 is all you need to lose then it may be possible but it would be a real struggle.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    14 lbs in 6 weeks would be easy for some and hard for others. If 14 is all you need to lose then it may be possible but it would be a real struggle.

An obese person, yes can do this. Perhaps a more than overweight but under obese person can do this.

Advice to a healthy 22 year old female (or any one that reads this thread) to take 6 weeks to loose 14 pounds and crash diet to do it, possibly start a roll coaster of things (bad habits, unhealthy process to loose weight, not to mention the nutritional issues and lack there of from crash dieting etc..)

I not shocked a newbie poster posted bad advice and has declared that this a good experiment to try.. But common, let's not drive any thing into this other than based on OP's stats if not realistic.. This answer has been given.
  • inezbruce
    inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I believe if you are eating the right foods ...filled with good nutrition and vitamins and protein your body will be just fine for 6 weeks...you add in exercise and lots of water to stay hydrated and get pleanty of sleep that in 6 weeks time you are not going to deteriorate and shrivel up and die....14 lbs would put her at a bmi of 23.9 which is JUST under the highest BMI For normal weight...which means she will still have enough meat on her to survive...now if she was 150 lbs wanting to lose 14 lbs I would say probably not a good idea...I say go for it...if she starts feeling like crap she can eat a freaking cheeseburger

Yes, nothing wrong encouraging an otherwise healthy young woman to crash diet for a short period of time for a vacation. I can't see a thing wrong with encouraging that type of behavior. None at all.

I wont be 'crash dieting', il be sticking to the same LCHF diet... but adding more exercise, drinking more water and keeping away from snacks.
  • dgjmrhrmh99
    dgjmrhrmh99 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I believe if you are eating the right foods ...filled with good nutrition and vitamins and protein your body will be just fine for 6 weeks...you add in exercise and lots of water to stay hydrated and get pleanty of sleep that in 6 weeks time you are not going to deteriorate and shrivel up and die....14 lbs would put her at a bmi of 23.9 which is JUST under the highest BMI For normal weight...which means she will still have enough meat on her to survive...now if she was 150 lbs wanting to lose 14 lbs I would say probably not a good idea...I say go for it...if she starts feeling like crap she can eat a freaking cheeseburger

Yes, nothing wrong encouraging an otherwise healthy young woman to crash diet for a short period of time for a vacation. I can't see a thing wrong with encouraging that type of behavior. None at all.

Can you please show me where I encouraged her to crash diet? Cuz I think you are mistaken..I said to do it healthy and shoot for 14 and if you don't reach it big deal ...um yup that's what I said...it's people who don't push themselves who don't succeed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with pushing yourself to reach a goal that may seem to be unattainable. ..Chances are she won't make it, but if she starts out with that train of thought she may lose nothing. ..reach for the stars and try your best...if you make it AWESOME. ..if you don't at least you know you tried your hardest. She is not an after school special on anorexia waiting to happen...she is an overweight 22 year old who has a goal she would like to reach (which by the way still leaves her BMI as over weight ) and I have only encouraged her to give it her all with out starving herself
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    inezbruce wrote: »

I wont be 'crash dieting', il be sticking to the same LCHF diet... but adding more exercise, drinking more water and keeping away from snacks.

In order to reach 14lbs is 6 weeks, at your current weight, you would need to drastically cut your calorie intake (or increasing deficit by exercise, same thing). That is the definition of a crash diet.

Can you please show me where I encouraged her to crash diet? Cuz I think you are mistaken..I said to do it healthy and shoot for 14 and if you don't reach it big deal ...um yup that's what I said...it's people who don't push themselves who don't succeed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with pushing yourself to reach a goal that may seem to be unattainable. ..Chances are she won't make it, but if she starts out with that train of thought she may lose nothing. ..reach for the stars and try your best...if you make it AWESOME. ..if you don't at least you know you tried your hardest. She is not an after school special on anorexia waiting to happen...she is an overweight 22 year old who has a goal she would like to reach (which by the way still leaves her BMI as over weight ) and I have only encouraged her to give it her all with out starving herself

See my above response.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    inezbruce wrote: »

How much do you exercise currently and how much do you plan to increase to?

Too much of a sudden increase can lead to injury. Also, you don't want to increase your exercise to the point that your deficit is too large and if you don't plan to keep up with that activity past 6 wks then I would still classify that as a crash diet.
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I think you guys are feeding into a ridiculous conversation. She knows the answers as we all do and she's got y'all going. She's lost 18 pounds according to her profile so this isn't new to her. Everything is possible one way or another and doesn't matter what you say, If this post is even true, if she wants to lose the weight that fast, she'll find a way healthy or not. I personally think it's 1 of 2 things, an ignorant question from the OP to get everyone going or OP and I mean this honestly, you may have an eating disorder or an extremely low self esteem and either way, I hope you get the out come you were aiming for and stay safe!
  • Sept111944
    Sept111944 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Best way to lose quickly is drop to 800-1000 calories for a few days eating lean meat, veggies, NO white carbs. This will kick start, then stick to the diet but eat more. Avoid processed foods, breads, pasta. It will come off and you'll feel great after the first few days.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sept111944 wrote: »
    Best way to lose quickly is drop to 800-1000 calories for a few days eating lean meat, veggies, NO white carbs. This will kick start, then stick to the diet but eat more. Avoid processed foods, breads, pasta. It will come off and you'll feel great after the first few days.

you do know its against forum rules to advocate VLCDs?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Sept111944 wrote: »

Oh geez