4 weeks and only 3lbs down WHY??

Options
I'm 5'2 weigh 227 I'm doing everything I know to do I do an high intensity walk with stretch band everyday I stay under my calories or at my calories I drink water my step count is higher than ever before . And I still have only lost 3 lbs :( I'm trying so hard to not get discouraged . I'm at a loss !

Replies

• LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    What is your activity level set at?
    Do you weigh and measure you food in grams to log it?
    Do you log every little bite that passes your lips?
    Do you eat back 100% of your exercise calories?
    Do you use a heart rate chest strap to measure calories burns vs what machines or MFP says?

Do you have any underlying medical issues (such as diabetes or thyroid disease) that could stall your losses?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    OP, because the information you provided is a bit vague, I will throw out some things:

You are loosing, so there is no stall and its been three weeks. Ever thought that your body may need to make some adjustments in the very beginning? It too needs to get used to doing its job with less calories.

Next things are informational mainly:

Do you have any medical conditions or are you on medication? (want to rule this out)

Do you use a food scale? And if not get one.. Make sure that you are logging all food weighed and include all all you consume and include items like condiments, butter and oils, dressings, things that make it on the food but are not logged, etc..

Also, exercise calories... How are they calculated and do you eat them back in accordance to how MFP works?

In total honesty are there any cheat meals or cheat days?

Some misc info if you need to look at this closer: For everyday weighing, consider using a program like trendweight to even out the fluctuations. You could be losing weight but just don't see it because of the daily ups and downs due to sodium, hydration, exercise, female hormones (time of the month), carb intake, etc..

Last but not least, weight loss is not linear and if everything ... every single thing is 100% on point, there could some weeks when you loose nothing at all.

What ever you do, do not cave in. You have progress... that is progress!!!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I opened my diary to the public and got lots of help.
    Do it ! I was not getting enough protein and fiber.
    Knowing that someone could possibly look keeps me in check.
    Opinion: Don't count on exercise to lose weight. 90% of the battle is eating right.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    How much weight loss were you expecting in that time? Three pounds in four weeks is great! You might need to adjust your expectations a bit--it's hard to know what's realistic because of the messages we get every day of celebrities losing all 60 pounds of baby weight in eight weeks. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint.

You want slow and sustainable as this will help you keep it off while preserving as much lean muscle mass as possible.

As another poster said, weight loss isn't linear. I use a weight trending program (Happy Scale is for iPhone, Libra is for Android) and it helps me see the overall trend in weight loss/maintenance as well as understand those daily fluctuations. It took all the pressure off the weekly weigh ins and helped me get over my Fear of the Scale.

There are so many things affecting our weight on a daily basis: hormones, diet, exercise, etc.

Keep going! You can do this and you'll be glad you did!
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are at a loss!!! 3 pounds worth. 1-2 pounds a week is healthy. Congratulations! Things are moving in the right direction. Keep it up and be sure to measure your foods, log everything and anything you consume & put intensity into your walks or workouts. You will look back on this!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! What's the issue?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Because, why not?
    tdpzaquwnl1h.jpg
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    You're awesome!! Keep at it! There's no such thing as ONLY. :) You lost! That's great!!

sej1ncafntzt.png