Anyone on Jenny Craig?

Options
If your on Jenny Craigplease follow me! I would like to know if the program works.

Replies

• maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I followed it very shortly. The meal plan was just not realistic for me personally and it was very expensive considering they didn't send you much in the meal kits and you had to add stuff to "complete" the meals. Everyone is basically set at 1200 calories no matter what info you give them.
  • xCyanideGirlx
    xCyanideGirlx Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My sister tried it one time. She referrers to it as "a colossal waste of money".
  • reinventingjessica11
    reinventingjessica11 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I tried it several times. I didn't like how everyone was set to pretty much the same calorie levels regardless of their health issues. The last time I did it I went for a month and only lost 2 pounds and hundreds of dollars. It was a huge waste for me I and found that I can do better just counting my own calories and eating my own food. I have to admit I liked it at first for the convenience of it, but now I just prep my meals in advance and it works out.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think this prepared meal diet has its place if you can afford it, you are maybe single and do not cook, or you work ungodly amounts of hours, etc.. and do not make your own meals or have a tendency to eat out too much.. convenience could be worth it..

Otherwise if you have time to log this food, perhaps you have a few minutes to prepare your own food saving you boat loads of money, not mention the food tastes like.. well, I won't go there..LOL
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Any program works if you can stick to it. The question is if you can stick to it.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    You can stick to this. And... it's free.
    Opinion: Counting calories works better than any program out there. Get a food scale.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am on Jenny Craig. It is expensive, but I love the food. I have lost over 80 pounds, combining JC with exercise.
  • holaestephanie
    holaestephanie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm currently on my 2nd week of Jenny. I also was on it for a couple of months in 2012 and had success.

I joined back up because I was desperate and had absolutely no willpower to control my eating most recently so I needed something to reign me in. So far the commitment thus far has helped---just knowing my meals are planned, there's not much guesswork, it helps keep me under control. In week 1 I had a 4.8lb loss.

I've had friends and family successfully lose weight on Jenny but everyone agrees that it's a good jumping off point to getting back into portion control and eating balanced. Pretty much everyone has done it for about 3 months at a time, which is also my plan.

It is super expensive. For me it's not so much the cost but factoring in that I also go out to eat on a weekly basis + the expense of all the additions needed like dairy+veggies+fruit+protein. But what can you do? I am on a 1700 cal plan, I see a consultant each week who weighs me and counsels...I've already made it very clear to them that I will customize my plans as I see fit: meaning I won't add on and pay for things I won't want like their shakes or soup additions etc, anything I don't like, I won't buy and will supplement with veg or fruit etc. I have also told them I am on my own plan of, I will get off of it as soon as I feel comfortable with my portion control/have some weight loss for energy/and when I have enough willpower to get back on Whole30.

oh, also, I'm single with no kids....so I'm sure if I had people to cook for this prob would not be feasible. However my cousin has 6yo twins, a husband, works and goes to school and she was successful for 3 months and I think lost about 20lbs so....it can be done
  • holaestephanie
    holaestephanie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    I am on Jenny Craig. It is expensive, but I love the food. I have lost over 80 pounds, combining JC with exercise.

Wow that is an awesome loss! If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been on JC?
  • leejoyce31
    Options
    I started this plan last year in May. I am also single with no kids. So, it fits well. I lost the weight really quickly because I also was exercising a lot. So most of the weight was off by December. I am somewhat maintaining now and I am a bit underweight. So, I eat their lunches and dinners. I add lots of veggies, and I usually have a breakfast bar. I was diagnosed with a Vitamin D deficiency that made me very fatigued, sluggish, and starting to crave lots of foods. So for the past month, I was maintaining my weight, by eating at TDEE. However, when I started taking Vitamin D daily, my energy increased, and I have been slowly losing weight again for the past couple of weeks. So, I will need to up my calories. So, in effect, I am still on JC. Just on their maintenance plan. I have lifetime membership because I don't cook and I really love the food.
  • leejoyce31
    Options
    Also, I still exercise 6 days a week. Just not as intensely or as long as I did in the beginning.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    No sorry~ Only connection is I have is a friend name Jenny and a cousin named Jenny - lol. But would be happy to help motivate or support; especially coming from Staten Island, NY. I have family there :)
  • DebraAVB
    DebraAVB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Jenny Craig! I have had weight issues since I was a teen. Tried soooo many programs and JC is the ONLY one I actually had reached my goal weight. Lost 12 pounds last year and now I'm getting on board again. I'm gone 11 hours a day on workdays and it's so convenient. Going to try to use My fitness Pal with it.
  • DebraAVB
    DebraAVB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I have a girlfriend whose been doing it to lose weight for her wedding. Plus side she's lost 50lbs. Not so positive she is miserable and will be discontinuing immediately after her wedding (and presumably will regain if she doesn't formulate a new game plan). It's a Band-Aid solution

I don't get it. The only downside is it's pricey. You can still go out here and there even.
  • amietest
    amietest Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am back on Jenny Craig because it works for me. Two kids that need to gain weight, I end up making special meals for them with higher fat content and was eating tiny portions for me and ended up snacking on peanut butter sandwiches and cereal. This way I don't have to cook for me.