Has anyone done Lite N Easy?

Options
I did it for a few months and lost some weight, but I just couldn't stick to it in the long run. I got sick of eating the same frozen meals all the time, which all somehow seemed to taste the same after a while. I also got tired of eating the same fruits all the time, and I didn't like not being able to choose my own snacks.

I also use to have backlogs of frozen food from times that I had gone out to eat, and lots of my fresh food ended up going to waste.

It was also really expensive! I spent almost double the money on Lite N Easy than what I spend now, choosing my own food.

Has anyone else done Lite N Easy? What did/didn't you like about it? I'd like to hear your opinions.

Replies

• need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I did it for a few months and lost some weight, but I just couldn't stick to it in the long run. I got sick of eating the same frozen meals all the time, which all somehow seemed to taste the same after a while. I also got tired of eating the same fruits all the time, and I didn't like not being able to choose my own snacks.

I also use to have backlogs of frozen food from times that I had gone out to eat, and lots of my fresh food ended up going to waste.

It was also really expensive! I spent almost double the money on Lite N Easy than what I spend now, choosing my own food.

Has anyone else done Lite N Easy? What did/didn't you like about it? I'd like to hear your opinions.

I just looked it up and it's funny that you said it was really expensive because in its motto it says it's for the poor person that can't afford to eat out all the time.
    Sounds ridiculous. Anything you can't keep up for life, isn't worth doing because you're destined to fail.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This place works a million times better. Just stick to it. Cook at home.
    Avoiding fast food has been key for me.
  • MotherShabubu
    MotherShabubu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    In Australia, it's a weight-loss company that delivers meals to your door on a weekly basis.
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. I stopped it after they were charging $6 or $7 for breakfast, which was one egg and an english muffin. If you do it for a week or two, you can get a good idea of how to eat.
  • hayleyjobson
    hayleyjobson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am using it at the moment to retrain myself with portions and control. I would not do it any longer then a few weeks. I plan to do it for 3 weeks to get on track.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It sounds like a bad deal on every level - except for the manufacturers and distributors of the product :#

Not ticking even one of the "little" boxes that needs ticking to make a weight loss program work:
    • It's effective, in its most basic meaning - it gives you a calorie deficit so you lose weight (you can overeat *kitten* food too).
    • It's sustainable - it's enough food, nutritious food, and food you like. Ideally, you'd want to continue to do this for the rest of your life even if it didn't help you lose/maintain.
    • It's practical - it fits your schedule and social life.
    • It's affordable - this point is really crazy, less food should cost less!
    • It makes sense to you - you understand why you are doing this and what you are doing.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    My husband convinced me that we should get some of the frozen dinners at one stage. They were actually not too bad for pre-prepared, frozen meals, but nowhere near as good as the meals we cook ourselves.

As for losing weight - I have a number of work colleagues who eat Lite n Easy lunches, and I see lots of packets and bags and tubs of various meals in the fridge. They mostly look too small to fill me up, and I haven't seen any noticeable weight loss in the people who are eating them. That's not to say that they haven't lost weight, I'm not monitoring them closely by any means, but if you are looking for dramatic results, I haven't observed them in people around me.

However, if you are someone who can't or won't cook and don't want to meal plan - sure, I don't think it's terrible food, and when I've checked out their website you can pick your calorie level to get a realistic amount of food.
    You definitely pay for the convenience though... AU$160* for a week's worth of meals is much more than I would pay when I plan and cook for myself. (*USD120).