Recommendation for wireless sport ear buds

Hi everyone! For my birthday, my boyfriend is getting me some Bluetooth ear buds that I can use at the gym... I was hoping you guys could recommend some based on your experience! I have small ear canals so that's something I have to keep in mind. My budget is right around $100. I listen to music with a lot of bass but I'm not too picky. Fit and comfort are more important. Right now I have a cheap pair that's wired and I have to push them back in as I'm running. Ugh! Thank you for any suggestions!

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    I recommend these all the time, but Plantronic Backbeat Fit! Apparently they fit pretty much everyone (mine stay put easily and I've read online that they seem to fit most people great too), they're Bluetooth, water resistant, and they allow a little ambient noise in, which is a great safety feature especially for runners. The battery life is awesome too.
  • oitsjulie
    oitsjulie Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks! I'll check them out
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Another vote for Plantronics Backbeat Fit - I just got mine a couple months ago and love them. I had them in the entirety of my marathon and they were comfortable, water resistant and didn't run out of batteries.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Well all I can provide is a recommendation for what NOT to get. I use Yurbuds, which I love... they stay in my ear really well when I'm running but occasionally the wires get annoying... so I tried the bluetooth version. Terrible... they are so heavy they don't stay in my ears, the wire running between the buds gets annoying and the signal goes in and out at times. So, I've decided to just live with my wired Yurbuds afterall.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    I too use the Plantronics Back Beat Fit. Love them!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Does anyone use bluetooth ear buds with a non bluetooth MP3 using an adapter like this to make them connect? How's it working out?

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Audio-Transmitter-Adapter-non-Bluetooth/dp/B01A59GCGQ/ref=sr_1_1
  • oitsjulie
    Well all I can provide is a recommendation for what NOT to get. I use Yurbuds, which I love... they stay in my ear really well when I'm running but occasionally the wires get annoying... so I tried the bluetooth version. Terrible... they are so heavy they don't stay in my ears, the wire running between the buds gets annoying and the signal goes in and out at times. So, I've decided to just live with my wired Yurbuds afterall.

I'm glad you posted! I was really close to getting Yurbuds for the smaller fit opions... But would've gone with the Bluetooth pair. I also saw it had terrible reviews on Amazon.
  • oitsjulie
    I like the design of Plantronics Backbeat Go vs the Backbeat Fit. Any reason to choose Fit over Go?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Jaybird makes a range of wireless earbuds. I have the X2. They're about $150 but they have a $100 version that is basically as good with just a little bit lower battery life.

http://www.jaybirdsport.com/
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Jaybird makes a range of wireless earbuds. I have the X2. They're about $150 but they have a $100 version that is basically as good with just a little bit lower battery life.

http://www.jaybirdsport.com/

+1

Also, you can sometimes find used or reconditioned ones on Amazon. I did that for the last time I bought these and they've performed just fine.
  • InfinitoRider
    InfinitoRider Posts: 1 Member
    2 things. Do you want to tune out everything around you as well and do you want to possibly use them outside of the gym? If you're not concerned about completely tuning everything out and maybe using them outdoors, I'd recommend something from aftershokz. I got their trekz titanium when they were on Indiegogo for less than $100 but they are $129 right now. They have other versions for around $100. What I like about them I that I can listen to my music while still being aware of my surroundings. This is key when I go bike riding. They're comfortable and have pretty decent sound. They're not going to have the sound quality of an isolating ear buds or headphones but they still are quite good. http://aftershokz.com/collections/all
  • brandondumdei
    brandondumdei Posts: 3 Member
    Skullcandy Smokin Buds 2 wireless are half of your budget and are better than a lot costing two to three times the amount. I have small ear canals too, had Beats and they kept slipping out. Bought those and switched the buds to the small ones, never a problem again and they sound great!
  • harkmays
    harkmays Posts: 1 Member
    I just got a pair of these for fathers day. They sound really good, they don't fall out while I'm running, and they were only about $30.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014OVP09Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • jenrunsinTX
    jenrunsinTX Posts: 11 Member
    Ditto on the Jaybirds. I have no idea which ones I have. LOL!
  • raccoon3
    raccoon3 Posts: 6 Member
    oitsjulie wrote: »
    I like the design of Plantronics Backbeat Go vs the Backbeat Fit. Any reason to choose Fit over Go?

It looks like the main difference is the Go is more of a thin cable and noise-blocking earbud design - so I think probably a personal preference thing. I'm another Backbeat Fit owner and love them! I chose them specifically because they weren't noise-blocking (for safety when running outside) and I also like how the thicker cable doesn't droop down on my neck like the thinner one would. If neither of those are factors for you I'd say go with the Backbeat Go, but if either of them are I definitely recommend the Fit.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    I have Jaybirds Bluebuds X. They sound great and the battery last a long time. Fitment is very important with the Jaybirds. Bass was really flat until I used the correct size tip.

Bose just released a new wireless set for $150 that are getting really great reviews. Sept this year they will be releasing a wireless ear buds with a built-in heart rate monitor for $200.