Is your weight stopping you from experiencing new things?

Options
maryannamber
maryannamber Posts: 22 Member
edited June 2016 in Motivation and Support
I was talking to my friend about all the things we would do after we lost weight and gained more confidence.

Is the weight stopping you from experiencing new things? What are the things you want to do or are working towards?

I for one would want to lose weight and finally have the courage to go for an air stewardess interview. (Not getting it per say but just knowing that I tried and my weight isnt a factor)

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    It did. I am far from finished but since losing a bit I can now fit on rides at amusement parks I didn't fit on before. I also really enjoy hiking in the state and national parks. Before doing a mile loop was difficult and now I am hiking trails and loops that are 2.5 to 5 miles. I never really stopped trying but lungs burning and not being able to breath really takes the fun out of the beautiful views.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It did and still does. At my biggest I was busting through a size 16 and I am now a size 8 and have been holding that for over a 3 years, yet somehow it hasn't registered with me and I don't feel like I am "done"

So I keep procrastinating... procrastinating adventures, trips, relationships, etc....

I need to stop but as someone that was overweight for 10 years (adolescence to 20's), it is hard to see myself as normal or average.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    aub6689 wrote: »
    It did and still does. At my biggest I was busting through a size 16 and I am now a size 8 and have been holding that for over a 3 years, yet somehow it hasn't registered with me and I don't feel like I am "done"

So I keep procrastinating... procrastinating adventures, trips, relationships, etc....

I need to stop but as someone that was overweight for 10 years (adolescence to 20's), it is hard to see myself as normal or average.

Stop procrastinating! There are gorges and caves and waterfalls to explore and rivers waiting to be rafted. Find an adventure close by to start and just do it. Once you start, It becomes like a drug and you want to do more and more :)
  • virgogardener
    virgogardener Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It definitely helps with your confidence...I know when I've been heavy I lack the enthusiasm to do things but when I'm in better shape I want to do everything. I have gone on vacations in so many different places and I try not to let my body image of myself get in the way but sometimes it does and I have to fight it because I want to experience as much as I can in my life.
  • phillyhockeyfan
    phillyhockeyfan Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I want to do one of those rope/zip line coarses through the trees. The ones in my area say weight limit is 200. I'm currently 195 (started 269), but that's first thing in the morning. They also have a bungee at the place I want to go with a weight limit of 180. My plan is to go next summer. I've just started going to the gym, so by then I'll be at/close to my goal weight and will have a better fitness level.
  • lauramcniel
    lauramcniel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My weight stops me from doing many things. Amusement park rises is a big one