Any PCOS Women out there trying to lose weight?

Options
Confession time: I have PCOS. I'm not ashamed, and if you consider that TMI, good for you, you can move on.

PCOS affects a lot more women that many people think, and it can have a serious impact on women trying to look thin and stay a healthy weight for their body type.

So I want to bring all my PCOS girls together and see if we can help each other out! What has worked for you consistently over a long period of time? What has your doctor suggested to help you lose or maintain weight while dealing with PCOS? How do you cope with weight gain mentally and emotionally? Let's fight this thing together!

Replies

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    there is a group on here for us women with PCOS - if you're interested.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis
  • TheUwuest
    TheUwuest Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes. I was advised to go low carb but wasn't able to do that honestly. So I count calories and reduce, which has worked just fine. PCOS will NOT make you gain weight without stuffing your face, at worst it may just make it harder to lose weight you've already gained. Weight loss for most sufferers will improve problems and risks with cysts, hormones, and hair growth, which I'm very much ready for! :D
  • reinventingjessica11
    reinventingjessica11 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I also was advised to go low carb but that didn't work out for me so well. I'm sure it works great for others, but all it does is trigger binging for me. I have been back on mfp since Memorial Day in combination with my metformin and seem to be doing better than I have in the past. It's hard but calorie counting works.
  • DaniOoooh
    DaniOoooh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and I want to lose weight so bad it's so hard but I'm trying so hard. I want a baby. That's my motivaton.
  • MattsGirl90
    MattsGirl90 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Me..... I know carbs are hard to resist but it's easier for me to lose weight and just eat tons of protein. I eat eggs every morning 2 boiled these keep me full until lunch time. Add me and we can do this together. On another note I'm having surgery on Thursday for mine