Going to Paris for a week, what to do???

Options
Hi!
I've just started logging with myfitnesspal and I'm really keen to keep going.
But I'm going to France for one week and then to Spain for one week.
I am travelling with 3 tiinnnnyyyy girls, who can eat anything and put away a lot without it worrying them.

I don't know what I'm going to do? All that French food (cheese, bread, croissants, chocolate, macaroons)... and alcohol?

Moreover, whenever I drink, I eat so much at the party...eg last night I finished every yellow sweet in the bowl and ate a punnet of strawberries when I got home.

Does anyone have any tips for getting through these two problems?
Thanks!

Replies

• suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    do what the parisiens do, and spend the entire time drinking strong black coffee and smoking gauloise.

Nah seriously, youve got two choices. Either just do portion control. If they eat a lot, dont try and match them. Avoid too much bread and cheese with meals.

Or, let it go, have a couple of good weeks and a relaxing holiday and dont worry too much about your diet for a couple of weeks. Get back on track when you come home.

Enjoy!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I agree with Suzy,

It's a holiday after all so why not enjoy it and soak up the two weeks you have away from everything. if you are worried though chew your food slowly so you know when you are full. Have fun!
  • samntim
    samntim Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been to Spain and France once and they were both such beautiful, fun, wonderful countries.

If this is a once in a lifetime trip then -

a) you are probably going to be walking, walking, walking, dancing and walking some more and
    b) what do you want your memories of this trip to be? Having a wonderful time, enjoying all the experiences that these countries offer, like beautiful fluffy baguettes on the grassed area in front of the Eiffel Tower and a sugar crepe that just melts in your moiuth (the best one was at Normandy Beach in a little caravan opposite gun turrent), tapas in Spain? Or do you want the memory and stories to be searching for an hour for a tuna and salad with no dressing while everyone enjoyed their holiday?

I know everyone is on here to lose weight, but I think there are times when you can just sensibly enjoy life. Look at the options available and go for the one that will be best, both for the heart, soul and hips.

Like I said if this is an experience that may never happen again, then enjoy the experience.

Also, most servings are on the smaller side, they tend to eat small and often. You have a great time - I'm jealous!!
  • nuttytart770223
    nuttytart770223 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem a couple of weeks back,
    we went to Italy for 2 weeks and I had decided before I went that I was going to eat what I wanted (within reason)
    and not worry about the calories!!
    I had a fab holiday and only gained 1lb because of the sightseeing we did, we just walked everywhere in Rome, like you will do in Paris.
    Enjoy your holiday and worry about the calories when you get home!!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    enjoy....