No one I know tracks!

Options
None of my friends track despite my best efforts to teach some people :(. Considering MFP is a big part of my daily life, and tracking is second nature to me now, it would be nice to have some MFP friends. I have maintained my streak 400 something days now. Add me!

Replies

• Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    There's not much you can do. My boss is on one crash diet after another because she thinks counting steps and tracking food is "too much work" but then I lost a bunch of weight and she's right where she started, and now she's jealous of me.

It's her problem. She doesn't want to put in the work.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Edited: Maybe the other 19 year olds know they just have to cut out the fast food, chips, and soda. That will be enough work for them.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I try to warm people up to the idea when they comment on my loss or ask for advice, but most people just aren't about it. Aside from my sister, nobody I know does it. You really can't push it on people. They'll start acting like I used to when I'd get Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses at the door.
  • Seaghdha
    Seaghdha Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I teach people about it, but only my absolute best friend keeps track of her intake. She's actually the one who taught me about it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My own husband will not track.. I have been tracking for way over 450 days.. OP you add me! I am here everyday, many times a day (as a matter of fact, my browser just stays up on the website..LOL)

I edited to say: the rest of my family does not know I track (except my husband), I sort of keep that way.. My own daughter has an account here, but she does not know I have one.. Not being sneaky, but the few times I mention counting calories to people like at work I am close to, they look at me like am not of this earth.. so I keep it to myself.. If they want advice that is not unsolicited I will share my secret.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I've been doing this for almost four years and am almost at goal. And now people accuse me of being "naturally skinny" or having a "fast metabolism." sigh
  • erwingeminie20
    erwingeminie20 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Some people will not try it unless they really got sick or have a disease someday. Most of them are just like that. :(
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It's because they are not really committed to doing the work. It's totally hard not having people on the same page, but you get to the point where you realize you cannot rely on anyone but yourself. Feel free to add me. I am 300+ days strong. I don't track my food every day, but I try :pensive:
  • scubabum9
    scubabum9 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If anyone would like to add me! it's pretty lonely out here, lol. No one I know tracks either. I'm always looking for suggestions.
  • TarahByte
    TarahByte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    No one I know does it either, except a few people that I only know from here. I skip a few meals here and there on the weekends now that I'm down to a good weight but I still track all week. Think I'm about 240-250 days now.

Yeah everyone thinks I'm just naturally small too now. Um, nope. I work for this ish!!
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    @lexieheartspink I often feel the same! I have friends and family members trying to lose weight not just now but for years. I've tried giving my honest opinion about "watching what they eat" (not even logging!) as the very basic, initial step for monitoring their calories intake, but the response is always the same and immediate "no I can't do that." It's just frustrating cuz I know if they start doing a little bit of that (watching their calories intake) they'll see something different. I say this because it not only works on me but I've seen the ups and downs of their eating pattern in correlation to their appearance...

I guess we all have to learn how to hold our thoughts of "helping" unless someone is willing to try it our way.