NSV: Stopped a Binge Day Before It Began

I woke up this morning in the wrong mindset. I wasn't hungry, but I wanted to binge. I wanted to eat whatever without measuring and damn the consequences. I'd get back on track tomorrow, right?

So I head to the kitchen for a bowl of cereal. Out of habit, I reached for the scale and decided, what the hell, might as well measure it out as usual.

So I ate my cereal, and moved on to the almost empty bag of kisses. I usually eat 9 (a serving) but ate the rest, 12.

Then, I begun thinking about hitting up McDonald's. There's nothing wrong with fast food here and there of course, but I didn't budget it for it within my daily calories (1450) and I know I wouldn't have chosen the lesser calorie options.

Instead of saying F this, I'll just have a "cheat" day, I decided to track it and continue on with my day as usual. No impromptu trip to McD's.

This may seem small to many people, but for myself, this is a huge victory. Instead of binging today and giving up on my healthier habits, I stayed the course. Sure, the days not even close to being over, but my mindset is a complete 180 from what it was this morning.

This is only the beginning for me, and binging is my biggest challenge.

Replies

• Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Love this! It shows you've really started to ingrain healthy habits. Congrats on the awesome NSV :)
  • Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    Nice job! I know it's super tough to stop that cycle once it starts.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Woo-hoo! This is awesome!
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    That is such a victory! Well done.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Awesome! I am fighting the same urge right now. I am an emotional eater. Today I had a fight with the SO first thing this morning. Went to work mad, plus it is getting close to TOM. First thing I did when I got to work was enter all the food I planned on eating for the day, then started looking at success stories. Haven't gone crazy yet, but I really really want a super extra cheesy with everything on it pizza.
  • tigersgrowl1093
    tigersgrowl1093 Posts: 45 Member
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    Awesome! I am fighting the same urge right now. I am an emotional eater. Today I had a fight with the SO first thing this morning. Went to work mad, plus it is getting close to TOM. First thing I did when I got to work was enter all the food I planned on eating for the day, then started looking at success stories. Haven't gone crazy yet, but I really really want a super extra cheesy with everything on it pizza.

Ugh, I feel ya!

It's fantastic that you pre-logged and know your triggers!

Stay strong!
  • CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    jdelaroy wrote: »

I want pizza so bad today too! Thinking about going to the store and seeing the lowest calorie pizza they ha e in their freezer aisle.
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    better than eating a lot of "ick" low cal pizza - find someplace that sells it by the slice - and have a slice of proper pizza - it will be way more satisfying - and there won't be any leftovers to tempt you.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    @IremiaRe I love this idea! Thanks for the advice. So far, I have managed to make it through. If I still have that craving I will do it for lunch.

@tigersgrowl1093 and @cla11b Thanks for the encouragement.
  • HorrorGeekLiz
    HorrorGeekLiz Posts: 195 Member
    That's awesome! I have BED and I know what a huge victory it is to stop one before it starts. You deserve to be proud!
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    That is huge...own it be proud!! I too struggle with bingeing WTG!!!
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    Awesome!!!
    I force myself now to try and track my binges. Sometimes, I don't end up going over as much as I thought. My binges are far and few between these days, but holding myself accountable- making myself see how much I went over- helps me to get on track so much faster, and stop any further bingeing.
    Keep it up!
  • jpheller88
    jpheller88 Posts: 10 Member
    Awesome! I truly believe binge eaters have an addition to food and the good feelings it gives your brain, just like smokers have that craving for nicotine. So congratulations on making that hard AF conscious effort to break that addiction and succeeding!!!

Definitely have had the same struggle and even though I feel like I finally have a good relationship with food, I still have to make efforts every now and then to not let that addiction rule my actions. Keep it up and keep strong!!!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    This is freaking HUGE!!! Well done!
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Great job!!!! Big victory indeed!!!!
  • carmexaldewin87
    carmexaldewin87 Posts: 37 Member
    Amazing! I did the same thing yesterday and realized that the healthy habits are sticking! Congrats!!
  • charlenechaz
    charlenechaz Posts: 49 Member
    I tried on a top on a whim this morning, which previously showed up all my lumps and bumps. Today it only showed a little.
    I felt so happy! I think I'll be using the top as a progress marker.

On a "scale related" victory = I've reached 10% of my target weight loss goal this morning. Yay for me!

Well done everyone!
  • AJF230
    AJF230 Posts: 81 Member
    This is great to see people's journey to healthier mindsets! beliefs become thoughts, thoughts become actions, actions become habits, habits becomes character.
  • mztng
    mztng Posts: 4 Member
    Great job! Stick with it... Change is so difficult.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!