Hi! My name is Sylvia.

Options
I've been logging my foods for a while, though not regularly, but haven't posted anything or joined a community yet. I need to lose 90 lbs to get healthy. I have diabetes and need to cut down on my insulin. Am looking for encouragement and friends! i'm 63 years old and need to get my but to the gym! I'm looking forward to making some friends.

Replies

• erwingeminie20
    erwingeminie20 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Try watching "Forks Over Knives". This will give you knowledge on how to do a plant based diet and help lower your diabetes. This helped me a lot.
  • amysuemartin718
    amysuemartin718 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed as a diabetic, but we are going to control mine with diet and exercise! My husband is also a diabetic. Please feel free to me!
  • erwingeminie20
    erwingeminie20 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can go on a plant-based diet. You can eat meats once in a while, like once a week. Then more on veggies and fruits. I assure you, your blood sugar will go lower. You can also juice your fruits and veggies using a juicer.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, Sylvia. I'm always happy to give some encouragement.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Hi! My suggestions are to find activities you like so you can keep moving and stay motivated, and to try new "healthy" recipes. This is a lifestyle change, so you have to find one that you enjoy and can stick to.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I don't have diabetes but I do have high triglycerides so I have to watch my carbs. add me if you want mutual support!