Help?

Hi everyone,

I've been on many diets and weight loss plans. I was 251 in high school and lost 90+ lbs doing weight watchers. I had a rough year in 2015 and gained a few lbs back. I always maintain using my fitness pal but rely on ww if I know I need to drop.

Well, I went back this January and hated the new plan. Plugged my food into here and saw I was eating way too many no point foods (fruits mainly).

The problem is, even in weeks when I was right on, and even now watching calories in calories out, going to curves, walking, doing Zumba, biking...I cannot lose these few lbs I have gained.

Does anyone have any advice? Is my body just changing as I get closer to exiting my 20s?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Search the forum for "weight loss flow chart" - it covers the common reasons for a lack of progress.

Do you weigh everything with a food scale (not a measuring cup)? If so, therein may lie your solution. :+1:
  • farmgirlco
    farmgirlco Posts: 118 Member
    @Cherimoose I have actually never used a good scale in all my time on different diet plans!! Did you see a big difference in your progress when you started using one?
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    This is the weight loss flow chart Cherimoose mentioned:

y3mrpudAwt6DIof2K2Ri1AdLHFncx9eSFbV9X027FeTL9AN77WVLQysAf10JRQ7RU0MK7gj3zs-0nNKXudBVMstLG49aDienpvmZlvUvftqVa2F6B7ypOQzTSanPRZKMM7Q0A4IBrKeRzlgC6EkXSWvCmgjn1Wq2ylxL9-f7m5Ceds?width=589&height=1250&cropmode=none

Weighing food on a digital scale makes a huge difference. It's so easy to underestimate how much you are eating when you don't weigh your food.
  • Ian_thompson
    Ian_thompson Posts: 13 Member
    I second the scale thing. I was just guessing my food portions and getting now where. Bought some scales and within a few days the calorie consumption was right and the weight has come off. Definatly the second best thing I've got for my weight loss. The first being this app.
  • farmgirlco
    Thanks @Ian_thompson I really appreciate the feedback. I have always done very well losing weight and just assumed I know what a proper portion size is. I may be wrong, and fooling myself!!
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    I highly recommend the food scale, too. It's a game changer.
  • farmgirlco
    Ok everyone - now I need recommendations on the food scale you recommend!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited July 2016
    farmgirlco wrote: »
    Ok everyone - now I need recommendations on the food scale you recommend!

Go to walmart or wherever, get a digital one with a "tare" feature that measures to the gram and can measure in ounces to the 1/10 ounce. Mine uses AAA batteries, so I like that better than the ones that use watch batteries, but that's just me. A big flat surface to lay your food on is best, in my opinion.