How much water do you drink a day?

Options

Replies

• rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    8-12 cups, depending on mu activity level and the temperature.
  • LadyRaeB
    LadyRaeB Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    About a gallon on a normal workday, more on the weekends
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I drink about 55-65 ounces, with the higher end generally being in the warmer months and vice-versa.
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    3-5L a day
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I drink 4 pints of water a day on average.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I fill my gallon jug minimum 1x /day.

On days 110f+ I can hit 2 gallons if I'm outside for several hours.
  • hmltwin
    hmltwin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I usually drink just about 64 oz. of water - exactly what I'm hearing we're supposed to. That doesn't include anything caffinated I might drink, but I sometimes include fruit juices that I drink. Now that summer has come, I'm drinking more - sometimes 80-100 oz.

Some of you would weep if you had my father's fluid restriction diet (he's on it due to health conditions). He has to keep track of the fluid in everthing (including his food). So, go ahead and drink what you want and be grateful that you don't have to worry about it.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Approximately 12-16 glasses a day. I play a mental game to drink a 32 oz. bottle on the 20+ minute drive to work, then I can enjoy a cup of coffee. Refill and drink throughout the day and usually finish before or after a lunch walk. Refill after lunch and drink the rest of the afternoon and on the way home. If not done, will be with an afternoon strength training workout or dinner. That's 12. Refill. The rest after dinner is a bonus from 12 to 16 glasses. Usually have a nice hot cup of tea in the evening. Several trips to the girls' room indeed :D
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    michellesz wrote: »
    Approximately 12-16 glasses a day. I play a mental game to drink a 32 oz. bottle on the 20+ minute drive to work, then I can enjoy a cup of coffee. Refill and drink throughout the day and usually finish before or after a lunch walk. Refill after lunch and drink the rest of the afternoon and on the way home. If not done, will be with an afternoon strength training workout or dinner. That's 12. Refill. The rest after dinner is a bonus from 12 to 16 glasses. Usually have a nice hot cup of tea in the evening. Several trips to the girls' room indeed :D

I'd have to stop for a pee break if I drank that in 20 minutes lol. I've got a feeling I have a weal bladder :tired_face:
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Maybe 1 glass. 8oz. Not nearly enough for sure .
  • Wophie
    Wophie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    2.5 - 3 litres daily. I bring a full 600ml water bottle with me to work and fill it up through the day. The key for me is to never let myself get thirsty, as by then you're already dehydrated!

If you struggle to drink a lot of water I would suggest adding fruit such as lemon or lime.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have between 2.5-3 litres each day. I only drink water because its the only think I find quenches my thirst.
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I drink around 80oz of water a day. More if I am doing a long kayak or paddleboard session.
  • lilcharmer214
    lilcharmer214 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Very little. On an average day 2-3 cups. I try but I am just not a water drinker. Can never remember to drink it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    If we're talking just plain old h2o then 0 cups per day.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I stop counting after 64oz. That's my bare minimum, in addition other drinks.
  • CandehMandeh
    CandehMandeh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    About 6 to 7 cups.
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    68-72 oz a day. But I love water. I guzzle it down :)
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I aim for a gallon per day, but I often wonder if it is enough for me. I find it hard to get more than that in most days though.
  • spring913
    spring913 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I drink 3-4 litres a day. Not including coffee, tea and the occasional sports drink if I'm on a long bike ride. I'm a cook, in a 37 degree celsius kitchen 3 litres goes down easy in 8 hours.