Ladies 40 - 120 years old add me!

Options
Hello, I'm Josette a 45 year old mom of 3 ages 25, 24 & 21. I've been physically fit most of my life. About 5 years ago I was diagnosed with POCS and fibroid tumor the size of a baseball. I was on Metoperol for high blood pressure and gained 50 pounds. While on that drug with regular exercise I couldn't get my heart rate up enough to maintain my metabolism. I went off of it when my hair started falling out. I've been able to lose about 8 pounds. I'm 44 pounds over weight. My blood pressure is high. I eat clean, low sodium and exercise in zone 2 &3 and struggle to lose it.
I just started Norethindrone (Aygestin/Progesterone) last night and contemplating a hysterectomy. My blood pressure isn't going to get better until the weight comes off. Has anyone here taken Norethindrone? I am wondering if any of you have been down this road I'm on.

Replies

• janis_murillo
    janis_murillo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Josette! I'm Janis, 50 years old with two boys, 20 and 17. Sorry about your health issues. I have been very lucky with that, but as I age, staying in shape is getting harder and harder. I recently joined a gym, so I'm tracking everything and determined to lose 10 pounds. But more than the weight, I want to feel strong and energetic. Good luck on your journey!
  • JosetteGetsFit
    JosetteGetsFit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Janis! I have all boys too! They are by far the best thing in the world! :) Now they are grown I'm really looking forward to this next chapter in life. I'm determined to get my health back. Tracking everything seems like it would be a great way to stay mindful. I usually estimate my macros and haven't really used the trackers much. I'm going to try it out! Good luck on your journey too!