Southern guy with a long way to geaux

Options
CajunWriter
CajunWriter Posts: 12 Member
edited July 2016 in Introduce Yourself
As a son of the south, eating has always been part of the fabric in my culture (Cajun). I started on this site 3 weeks ago and I'm enjoying it thus far. I am wanting to lose more than 200 pounds so I am keenly aware this is a marathon not a sprint - not that I could sprint very far right now!!!! Have a great day and hope to make some friends and support buddies here.

Replies

• Hollyrena19
    Hollyrena19 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As a son of the south, eating has always been part of the fabric in my culture (Cajun). I started on this site 3 weeks ago and I'm enjoying it thus far. I am wanting to lose more than 200 pounds so I am keenly aware this is a marathon not a sprint - not that I could sprint very far right now!!!! Have a great day and hope to make some friends and support buddies here.

Alabama born and raised =) Southern food is so delicious it's deadly!! I think it's awesome you are making changes!!
  • CajunWriter
    CajunWriter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you! And hey y'all to a fellow southerner!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Welcome !
  • jjbeezy
    jjbeezy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! You've got this!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Just use the food diary to plan your meals and stop eating when you reach your calorie limit. If you plan it just right that last meal will be in the evening and you can mark the day as a success.
  • LynnP45789
    LynnP45789 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As a resident of New Orleans, I can relate. Hang in there!