Are Kind Bars OK to eat? How about Nature Valley Bars?

Options
I love both of these with my coffee in the AM for breakfast. Are these OK to eat?? Thanks!

Replies

• LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    As long as they aren't expired?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't they be?
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I love Kind Bars. Had one this morning. As long as they fit you plan there is nothing wrong with eating them.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Do you like them? Do they fit into your calorie and nutrition goals for the day? Do you feel good after eating them? If the answer to all three is "yes" then they sound great. If the answer to any of them is "no" then you might consider eating something else.

+1 Can't really add to this.
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I find them a bit too sugary for a regular meal, tbh. This is a snack/candy in my world, but for that they are great.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    They have more sugar than I like to eat. I eat a bag of almonds instead but from purely calorie perspective they are similar.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    OK with me. It's not a piece of cheesecake you know.
  • DancesWithDogz
    DancesWithDogz Posts: 107 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    according to my food coach "Kashi bars" are the only decent one's on the market. But the ingredients look good - i'm checking with her to see what she says about these
  • angpowers
    angpowers Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Eat away.
    Sounds like maybe doing some more digging on nutrition might be helpful for you.

Meaning, there really isn't a "good" food or a "bad" food.

Things change if you're following a specific diet, if you are a binge-eating kinda person and have "trigger" foods, if certain foods don't fill you up and you end up eating more because not full/satisfied etc.

But if you like em with your coffee? By all means, eat whatcha like :)

I really feel like MFP helps take the approach that eating/nutrition/exercise is a life-long thing and if you can't do it for life, then it's going to always be an uphill battle.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    according to my food coach "Kashi bars" are the only decent one's on the market. But the ingredients look good - i'm checking with her to see what she says about these

I find it hard to believe that there is only one decent bar on the market. There are so many different types of bars with different ingredients, I would give serious side-eye to any "coach" who tried to tell me all of them but one were not decent.

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Do you like them? Do they fit into your calorie and nutrition goals for the day? Do you feel good after eating them? If the answer to all three is "yes" then they sound great. If the answer to any of them is "no" then you might consider eating something else.

+1 Can't really add to this.

Adding 1.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love them and I eat them, but it's more a treat than anything else because I really don't find them filling for the calories.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not? I love those Nature Valley Oat & Honey bars.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Anything is OK to eat as long as it's not poison, you're not allergic, and it fits into your calorie/macro goals for the day.
  • sallystrong5
    sallystrong5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Let me know what she says!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley bars are only okay if you bring some to share with me :smiley:
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Comparing the kashiwa bars nutritional information with the Kind Bar, both products have non GMO ingredients. However, the Kind bars generally have lower carbs, less sugar, less sodium, more fiber and more protein. Personally I also found them better tasting.