Starting today...

Options
I'm new to this board. I am turning 39 this October and decided that it was now or never to get my life in order! I don't want to be unhealthy at the age of 40... so I have time if I stay on track.

I'm a wife, a mother to 3 teenagers, and full time RN. I'm pre-diabetic and not very compliant with taking the medication my doc prescribed. I also have PCOS, so these things make weight loss difficult, but not impossible. I make a lot of excuses by saying I'm "too busy" to fit in exercise, but life isn't going to get less busy, so I need to quit making excuses and find the time to put my health first.

My husband bought an actiped 6 months ago and has had a lot of success staying motivated. I just got mine 2 days ago and already find myself trying to "beat" my last activity. Here's to taking those first "steps" literally!

Good luck to others who are also starting out on this journey to get healthier. I look forward to meeting new people along the way!

Replies

• Hip_Dancer
    Hip_Dancer Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome! This is a very motivating place. Congrats on taking the first steps already. Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome.....sounds like you've got the motivation....you can do this, just remember, slow and steady wins the race.

:smile:
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hi and welcome,
    I have some of the same issues as you do
    I am also pre-diabetic, that is prompted me to take
    action, plus I have Hypothyroidism, so I understand
    where you are coming from, but you're right, we just
    have to work a little harder at it!

Good luck to you, you have the right attitude for success :flowerforyou:
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Welcome to MFP! Enjoy the journey! IT is definately keeping me motivated.........LOVE MFP and my Zumba classes.

xoxoxo

Add me if you'd like :)
  • RoseVernon
    RoseVernon Posts: 88
    Options
    You're starting out at a great place! Welcome to myfitnesspal!
  • jcookRN20
    jcookRN20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the words of affirmation! I appreciate each and every one! I am looking forward to this "adventure"!:smile:
  • dmfree
    dmfree Posts: 2
    Options
    Great that you came aboard!! It is basically my first day too since I have not done anything with it yet. I have been doing an Undefeated workout in the morning and eating like a caveman on the Paleo diet. I just recently made the 100 percent commitment since I only lost 11 percent of body fat in 3 months and was not following the plan like I should have been.

My trainer has told me to drink a gallon of water a day and he said that is why I was fatigued everyday. He was right, he has saved my life. :smile: I have more energy and I dont make excuses anymore.

But I wanted to say to you is to try apple cider vinegar, studies have shown that is can lower sugar levels. Braggs brand in my opinion is the best. You can do it two or three times a day, 1 tablespoon in 8 oz of water and I would add a sweetener, you may choose stevia because it is tart. Personally I mix it with my powered electrolytes stamina. At watercure.org it also states diabetes can be from dehydration.

I love this saying, If you are not changing, you are choosing it. And you are choosing better help and I am so proud of you!!!\\

Donna