Oh no

Options
nop2008
nop2008 Posts: 66 Member
edited July 2016 in Motivation and Support
Ok so today is my first weigh in and I've put a pound on. Cover your ears boys but it nearly is the TOTM for me which may be making an impact but I'm gutted. I've stuck to the 1660 everyday. Did it take anyone a while before they started to see a loss? I'm panicking now that the calories aren't right.
As an after thought I have been doing slimming world for months so I don't know if my change (eating habits) would have an effect too x

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    its most likely because you're due on your period, not the calories.

carry on and weigh again next week.
  • nop2008
    Options
    Thank you both x
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I can some months add 10.....don't fret.
  • nop2008
    Options
    Sod's law it is my first weigh in. Ah well. Thank you all for making me feel better x
  • hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    A lot could be happening right now. Bloating, water retention, bowel issues. Don't be discouraged. Give it a week and then weigh again. It is a process. Now if you don't see a loss in a couple months re evaluate things. Until then, be patient, eat right, exercise and enjoy the journey. You will be a success.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Tom for sure. I've had the scale jump 10lbs before. Completely disheartening. Weigh when it's over and you'll be suprised.
  • nop2008
    Options
    Its not quite TOTM but I can tell I'm close. Would I gain even at this point? As in just before?
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    nop2008 wrote: »
    Its not quite TOTM but I can tell I'm close. Would I gain even at this point? As in just before?

I'm always heavier the days before, and then a couple of pounds lighter when it starts. If you're ok with it, you might want to weigh daily so you can track fluctuations and know what your body is like throughout your cycle, how it responds to sodium and alcohol, etc.
  • Hollyrena19
    Hollyrena19 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    TOM is so frustrating bc I always have a bloated belly..it will pass.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

If you read the link above you'll find your answer.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options

I'm always heavier the days before, and then a couple of pounds lighter when it starts. If you're ok with it, you might want to weigh daily so you can track fluctuations and know what your body is like throughout your cycle, how it responds to sodium and alcohol, etc.

This. Daily weighing allows you to even out the fluctuations so you don't fret when the scale goes up a couple pounds. I know it's not healthy for some, but daily weighing has been a game changer for me. My weight was up a couple pounds today and I recorded it and moved on. It's the overall trend that matters.
  • nop2008
    Options

This. Daily weighing allows you to even out the fluctuations so you don't fret when the scale goes up a couple pounds. I know it's not healthy for some, but daily weighing has been a game changer for me. My weight was up a couple pounds today and I recorded it and moved on. It's the overall trend that matters.

I'm going to give the daily weighing a go. Do you log it on MFP every day or do you use a separate app to track your daily weight. I'm sure I've heard there is one that some people use but I guess I can't see why I couldn't just do it on here? x
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @nop2008 - I track my weight on trendweight.com. It shows your weight trend over time, evening out the daily fluctuations. It syncs to MFP, also, so I turned off notifications to make sure I wasn't blowing up the news feed with my weight every day. Here's what trendweight looks like:

xzsges605yld.png
    TW.png 31.2K
  • nop2008
    Options
    @nop2008 - I track my weight on trendweight.com. It shows your weight trend over time, evening out the daily fluctuations. It syncs to MFP, also, so I turned off notifications to make sure I wasn't blowing up the news feed with my weight every day. Here's what trendweight looks like:

xzsges605yld.png
    That's amazing. Thank you!!
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    definatley carry on what your doing, I predict a nice big loss by next week which will be some fat and the water you body has held on to.

I can gain anything between 2 and 12lbs during the week before im due on and it tipically drops off during the first few days after coming on.

it is depressing seeing it on the scales but except maybe a sex change there is nothing we can do lol
    bloody hormones,
  • nop2008
    Options
    mbaby86 wrote: »
    definatley carry on what your doing, I predict a nice big loss by next week which will be some fat and the water you body has held on to.

I can gain anything between 2 and 12lbs during the week before im due on and it tipically drops off during the first few days after coming on.

it is depressing seeing it on the scales but except maybe a sex change there is nothing we can do lol
    bloody hormones,

Lol brilliant. You've made me laugh x