100+ to lose!

I am almost 48 years old. I would like to lose 100+lbs before my 50th birthday. I have beautiful grandchildren that I am currently unable to run around with. I want to dance nightly eith my granddaughter. I am tired of being tired!

Replies

• WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    You can do it! I started here last November with something like 130 lbs. to lose, and have lost 57 so far. Definitely less tired! All kinds of wonderful things start happening when the weight drops off.
  • bobbydunx
    bobbydunx Posts: 13 Member
    Good luck - it's definitely doable. I have a couple friends who have lost over 100 pounds. The most important advice I got from them was to focus on the next 5 pounds - not the 100 pounds - as that may seem impossible at times and you'll get frustrated and give up. But looking at just 5 pounds at a time, it's much easier. Celebrate every new 5 pounds lost, and then move right on to the next 5. You got this!
  • livluvlaf2017
    livluvlaf2017 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you so much! I keep losing focus. I have been experiencing some knee pain. I had difficulty moving for about 3 days, the thought of being immobile is more than I want to settle for. I am logging in and watching what I eat.
  • teresa_1967
    teresa_1967 Posts: 4 Member
    I had gastric bypass surgery 10 years ago. I did well at first, but gained some of my weight back on. I am now doing a Pre-Diabetic program at the YMCA. It is a year long commitment. We meet every Monday night. Right now we are tracking what we eat and our activity. I would love to lose about 75 pounds. Good luck to us all!