Back...again....need support. Fellow Law Enforcement?

Options
TopCop77
TopCop77 Posts: 13 Member
Giving this another shot. Hoping for success this time. Could use some friends to help me along the way. Anyone, feel free to add me. Fellow Law Enforcement Officers especially welcome. You know the life and challenges with eating on crazy, often unpredictable schedules.

Replies

• johanna306
    johanna306 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    God bless our men and women in blue. And may they have a safe and happy Fourth of July!! I'm not in law enforcement, but sending a friend request anyway.

Agree -- bless you!! I am not in law enforcement, but I will send a friend request anyway. :-)
  • Claybabe
    Claybabe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't personally work in law enforcement, however my husband is an officer. I know of the crazy unpredictable schedules, and it's so hard to eat or even plan healthy meals sometimes! Just when I think I've finally figured things out, everything changes again. (There are 5 babies being born in my husband's department this year) Talk about ever changing schedules for the rest of the year.

I may only be a cop's wife, but I live and breathe this crazy unpredictable lifestyle as well. God bless you and all you men and women in blue. I'm so thankful for you, I could not do what you do on a daily basis.
  • simonkrieg
    simonkrieg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    law enforcement from overseas here. sending a friend request - as soon as i know hiw that stuff works!
  • TopCop77
    Options
    Got it! Thanks.
  • aidy__b
    aidy__b Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Likewise will send a request once I work out how. UK based donut eater here!
  • michellemaynard883
    michellemaynard883 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not law enforcement but I'm a nurse who works 12-18 hr shifts and snacking is what has caused me to be where I am now feel free to add ! Always good to have people who know what your going through :)
  • TopCop77
    Options
    Added. :-)
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I'm not in law enforcement but I come from a family that is full of them. Good luck and thank you for serving your community.
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I was in law enforcement in Pasco County, Florida. I washed out after four years. It takes really awesome people to do that job. I'll friend ya.

About police and fitness, there is a memory lol:

Me and some others ate at this smorgasbord for lunch during the police academy. Low and behold when we got back we had this obstacle course from hell. The final stretch was to drag a 150 sand sack in the shape of a person and then grab the gun in the trunk of the cruiser and dry fire 3 shots in the right hand and then three shots in the left hand.

I woke up on my back several minutes later lol

Sadly, I gained much of my weight doing the rookie night shift. We had a fast food joint called checkers down here...they always gave us free food. Free food and stress ...I totally know where you're coming from
  • killdontmurder
    killdontmurder Posts: 142 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Welcome.
  • neetslove
    neetslove Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    TopCop77 wrote: »
    Giving this another shot. Hoping for success this time. Could use some friends to help me along the way. Anyone, feel free to add me. Fellow Law Enforcement Officers especially welcome. You know the life and challenges with eating on crazy, often unpredictable schedules.

You got this my friend
  • neetslove
    neetslove Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You got this my friend
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thank you for doing what you do.