IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE?

Options
I WAS JUST TRYING TO FIND SOME PEOPLE IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME THAT COULD STEER ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.. I AM 21 WITH 3 KIDS THE YOUNGEST IS 18 MONTHS.. aFTER I HAD MY LAST BABY I WAS VERY FIT WALKING EVERYDAY..BUT MY ENEMY IS BACK!:sick: i HAVE GAINED ALL OF MY WEIGHT BACK AND TRYING TO START FRESH..I START NURSING SCHOOL IN MAY AND I AM HOPING TO HAVE IT GONE BY THEN!:sad: ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Replies

• buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    I WAS JUST TRYING TO FIND SOME PEOPLE IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME THAT COULD STEER ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.. I AM 21 WITH 3 KIDS THE YOUNGEST IS 18 MONTHS.. aFTER I HAD MY LAST BABY I WAS VERY FIT WALKING EVERYDAY..BUT MY ENEMY IS BACK!:sick: i HAVE GAINED ALL OF MY WEIGHT BACK AND TRYING TO START FRESH..I START NURSING SCHOOL IN MAY AND I AM HOPING TO HAVE IT GONE BY THEN!:sad: ANY SUGGESTIONS?
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I had my first 3 back to back like that. It's easier to bounce back at your age, so just stick with it. The best thing to do is sweat sweat sweat and drink a ton of water!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    There is no quick fix. Slow and steady and healthy wins the race. :flowerforyou: If you did it before, you can do it again, never give up!
  • momtobobby
    Options
    Hi. I am new here. I, too, have gained lots of weight from being pregnant. My baby is eight months old. I weigh 140, but I was only 115 before I got pregnant and I am only 5 feet tall, so 140 pounds looks really bad on me.
    I haven't really lost anything yet, but here's what I am doing. I am logging everything on this site, as it really seems like it helps to keep it all in perspective if I see it in front of me. I am eating smaller portions. I am not cutting out carbs altogether but rather I am eating more complex carbs, like whole wheat bread. I am steering clear of sweets because once I get started I can't quit.
    I am drinking lots of water and trying to get a little exercise in everyday, mainly walking up and down the stairs.
    It also helps me to remember this - eat only when I am hungry. I like to imagine a car. It has a fuel gauge. And when the car starts to run out of fuel it has a red mark or most cars now will "ding" to let you know it is time for some more fuel. That is what our body's hunger pains are all about. They are our "dings" to let us know it is time for more fuel (food). We get out of balance when we start eating before we hear the ding.
    Does that make sense?
    Good luck to you!
  • Audry
    Audry Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am 26 and have 2 girls (2yrs & 7 1/2 mos) I am trying to loose my "baby" wieght - I work out to Turbo Jam alot and I also got a couple of Jillian Michaels dvds to work out to as well ...they really kick my butt but they work....I've dropped 20+ pounds and am working on loosing the last 30+ now - My goal is bikini body bay July, but that is just a goal and I will not be dissapointed if I don't get there (my dh on the other hand will be very dissapointed...lol)

Anyways - all you got a do is find a support system that you like - there are many moms on here (SAHM WAHM & WM) we also have a thread for SAHM

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/36445-stay-at-home-moms-1-19-1-25

We talk about everything from our battles with not wanting to work out to happenings with our kids....come and join us if you want!

Happy life style changing!!!
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    I agree with all the pp. Slow and steady wins the race. Start by using this website to track all your foods and activity and it gives you a handy dandy little report at the end of the day. :)