Hello!

Options
Hiya :)

My name's Selina, and I'm neeeeeeeeeeew. Well, sort of - I joined myfitnesspal a couple of months ago, but didn't really bother with it - my diet was going really well, so I didn't feel I needed to, which was silly. But since then, things have gone the other way, and I've actually gained more weight! Poo. I think the problem is that I eat when I'm stressed, I eat when I'm depressed, I eat to reward myself when I'm trying to get through sticky patches; and as I've been looking for a job the past couple of months, and been tearing my hair out about money, it's been a terrible time to try to lose weight!

However, I'm sorted with a job, all manner of exciting things are happening in my life, and I want to be able to embrace those things, feeling confident and happy and ATTRACTIVE :) I also want to sort out my issues with food as well - I can't just start eating everytime there are problems, or I'll never really be healthy. So any advice anyone can offer on that score would be really appreciated.

I'd really like to get more healthy, get down to my target, healthy body size (which I think'll take about a year and a half, maybe two) and meet lots of lovely people to do it on here with, please :)

So add me, it'd be lovely lovely lovely to meet you. :) xxxx

p.s., sorry I wrote so much. I like talking.

Replies

• babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hi mate! Nice to see you back, good luck with your weight loss journey. x
  • pkpxcrd
    pkpxcrd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Selina. It's nice to meet you. I'm Sarah. I've been on the site for some time and never really introduced myself. Girl I know how difficult it can be trying to do the right things to lose weight. I've always worked out all of my life and tried to eat right, however my weakness is and always will be cookies!

In any case, my suggestion is doing one thing at a time. I've found that if I try to do too may things at one time to accomplish a goal, I get overwhelmed. As I mentioned, I have always worked out, but after my son was born....I kind of went off and on with the working out thing. I actually started back consistently last November/December. I started out at 3 times each week and moved it up to 5 times a week. I started with the exercise first because I knew that would be easier for me. I felt as if I reached a goal getting back to a doable routine. After that, I moved on to cutting certain things out of my diet. For myself, I had to go cold turkey. They were oreo cookies and coke zero. I haven't had either in monthsand I don't miss them! I went from 165 down to 152. My goal is 145 but I will be happy with a solid 150 too.

Bottom line, go in steps to reach your goal. You may want to speak to your doctor as well for suggestions. I wish you MUCH success. You can do it girl!!!!
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Same boat here, somewhat. Food for me food is a crutch. I eat when i am happy, sad, angry, or just bored. I am starting to think of food as fuel instead of a friend. We need it to keep us going, but have no emotional ties to it. This will be hard.

You can do this though! There is so much support on this site, and motivation. Good Luck!!!
  • dcaton1965
    Options
    Oh you sound just like me! My story is the same as yours. Remember that you can do anything you put your mind to doing. Good luck on your journey!:smile:
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hiiii Selly! :smile:

Congrats on the new job. It's nice to see someone who is so positive..I'm sure it can only get better for you from here on in! Good luck with everything.

I'm Gemma. Gonna add you to my friends list now xx
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I would suggest, you try to swap eating for working out.
    Things like yoga are really good calmers, I'm told, and going for a run or doing some kickboxing can be great for getting some stress out.
    By not keeping unhealthy things in the house, increasing your protein and water, I've found I rarely have any compulsive cravings to binge on junk.
    Also by not eliminating my favourite foods entirely, keeping little treats like a two finger kit-kat which I have with a nice cup of tea in the evenings keeps me happy.
  • Whatnow50
    Whatnow50 Posts: 93
    Options
    Welcome! I've just been here a week+ and it's been sooooo helpful to me! I have the same problems you mention with food but this time I'm determined to take control. Sometimes just doing it, going thru the motions, faking it til you make it, etc. helps. I swear my mind has to go numb somedays and my body takes over and I end up in the gym. :) Push yourself a bit and come on here everyday so we can support you... I've found that has helped me a ton! Everyone has been soooooo nice and welcoming!
  • Selly7749
    Selly7749 Posts: 48
    Options
    Thank you for all replying :) I feel really welcome, and it really does mean a lot :) xxx