• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Acetic acid is definitly organic.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Word of warning- steer clear of fat-blockers (rectal leakage) and carb-blockers (bloating & foul gas).

I recently tried zero noodles- they came out they same way as they went it- it wasn't pleasant.

I have good skin- because I know what ingredients work best for me. I swear by Glycolic acid (to keep pores clear), Matrixyl (firmness) and retinol (fades brown spots, and helps with fine lines ). I use a basic cleansing lotion (with warm water rinse) and moisturiser and a full-spectrum SPF50.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    Acetic acid is definitly organic.

Was going to post smart *kitten* comment but can't beat this one. Well played.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Its woo!

Nothing helps us lose weight other than taking in less calories than we burn.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Per Web MD, and the Chicago Tribune:

Apple Cider Vinegar and Blood Sugar
    While apple cider vinegar probably won’t make you skinny, it does appear to help with diabetes and blood sugar control.

Carol Johnston, PhD, directs Arizona State University’s nutrition program. She has been studying apple cider vinegar for more than 10 years and believes its effects on blood sugar are similar to certain medications.

“Apple cider vinegar’s anti-glycemic effect is very well documented,” Johnston says.

She explains that the vinegar blocks some of the digestion of starch. “It doesn’t block the starch 100%, but it definitely prevents at least some of that starch from being digested and raising your blood sugar,” Johnston says.

Not every expert feels as confident about apple cider vinegar’s power.

"Trying to use vinegar to treat diabetes is like trying to bail out a flooded basement with a teaspoon," says Michael Dansinger, MD, director of Tufts University’s diabetes lifestyle coaching program.

He advises patients to focus instead on their overall diets -- a strategy backed by a lot more research, he says.

If you have gastroparesis, a common problem with diabetes that slows stomach emptying, be careful. Early research shows apple cider vinegar may make this problem worse.

"I’m concerned that drinking vinegar, even diluted in water, increases acid in your system, which puts a strain on your kidneys and bones,” Dansinger says.

If you have diabetes and want to try apple cider vinegar, let your doctor know, and keep an eye on your blood sugar levels.
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It made my GORD significantly worse and damaged my oesophagus and vocal cords.

Just a warning :(
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    But, but guys. It says organic, so it HAS to be good for you.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I use it as a face toner right now. Does not aid in weight loss.
  • Justforme160yee
    Justforme160yee Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Has it helped. I wanted to use it to help my ache too
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar and pork on a bbq grill or in a crock pot -- awesome sauce.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I have also heard of using it as a toner.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I just bought a bottle!

It's going to be great on my slaw. I used the last of my old bottle in the pulled pork.
  • spikycactus
    spikycactus Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use it because it curbs my cravings. I could eat all day but somehow when I take it I don't snack.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I love organic apple cider vinegar, they sell it cheap at Trader Joes.

I use it for salads, I think it's good to use.