Friday Reflection Time

Options
I like to reflect on Fridays to help keep my motivation high for the weekend, to celebrate the things I did well and to acknowledge the things that keep me from progressing on my fitness journey. Feel free to join in!

Replies

• mean_jeannie
    mean_jeannie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This week I saw a little weight gain. I can't pout about it too much because I really didn't do much to promote my good fitness.

What I did well - I tracked my food for the entire week! WOOT! So yes, I can look back and tell you that all that beer last weekend did not help my fitness goal.

What I need to improve - daily exercise! I wasn't totally inactive, but I only had one purposeful workout.

My goal this weekend - don't overdo it! Yes, it's a big USA holiday weekend. Yes, It's my 11th wedding anniversary. I don't have to celebrate by drinking all the alcohol and eating all the cake. It's true, you know. I volunteered to be the DD this weekend so I will not be able to drink. Ha! Take that, delicious jello shots that I know will be at the pool party tomorrow.

Happy 4th!
  • BellaSOUL11
    BellaSOUL11 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym every day this week when I didnt want to!

Enjoy your 4th ☺
  • mean_jeannie
    mean_jeannie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You are my hero! Woot!
  • danibabii11
    danibabii11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What i did poorly= ate 3 munchkins at at work thursday:(
    What i did well= tracked every day. Went to the gym 3 days so far. Kept up with my running invervals. Turned down the opportunity for a paid breakfast for my kefir smoothie and my raspberries
  • 1953Barbara
    1953Barbara Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I've just returned to MFP and it seems a little easier to use this time around. So, I've meticulously tracked for 6 days. I've also been more successful adhering to my calorie and nutrition recommendations. Happy dance!

Exercise is my downfall, although I did join a gym and got in one easy workout. After scrolling back to my original MFP stats today, I saw I had gained 9.2# in the past 2 years or so. That's going to be my motivation for this weekend and the near future.

Happy 4th...stay strong!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    This week, I've been working 12 hour days. I expect to die on the job, with my last thought hoping for more hours of work. This work load has demotivated me to exercise. Thus, I haven't. This work load has screwed up my eating plan. I've been cooking and eating dinner at 1:00 a.m. this week and it is not right. I don't want to do that. Today I'm giving consideration to having more of the stuff in the workplace kitchen, but I haven't chosen anything yet. I just don't want to be cooking at 1 a.m. That's what I'm reflecting on. Exercise is in hiatus. Food diary is in turmoil.
  • crystalmgriff
    crystalmgriff Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This week I saw a little weight gain. I can't pout about it too much because I really didn't do much to promote my good fitness.

What I did well - I tracked my food for the entire week! WOOT! So yes, I can look back and tell you that all that beer last weekend did not help my fitness goal.

What I need to improve - daily exercise! I wasn't totally inactive, but I only had one purposeful workout.

My goal this weekend - don't overdo it! Yes, it's a big USA holiday weekend. Yes, It's my 11th wedding anniversary. I don't have to celebrate by drinking all the alcohol and eating all the cake. It's true, you know. I volunteered to be the DD this weekend so I will not be able to drink. Ha! Take that, delicious jello shots that I know will be at the pool party tomorrow.

Happy 4th!

Happy Anniversary. It's also my 7th anniversary and we both have to work so no time for partying. That will keep me on track.

I know this week was busy, and even though I was under my calorie goal everyday, I wasn't actually eating enough. Skipped breakfast all week.