Replies

• pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Swimming.
  • MrPositivity
    MrPositivity Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For exercise, just do whatever you enjoy and you won't get bored of it. Personally I love biking and don't really think about it being completely for fitness because I enjoy it so much. I tried running but did not enjoy it too much.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Walking, because it's easy and free and most anyone can do it, and you get huge burns if you can get over 20,000 steps everyday.
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Researchers Discover That Exercise Isn’t the Most Efficient Method for the Body to Burn Calories

https://t.co/dlnz5vyr63
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I second fork put downs.

Don't forget the Table Push-Aways... ;)

It makes me smile every time I see one of these threads and these answers are given... I used to think that I'd have to kill myself in the gym to really lose weight, which put me off trying, and I was so happy to discover it's not necessary and it really all comes down to food! It lets me feel free to choose whatever activity I'd like to do, rather than what I think I should do (even if that's sometimes "nothing at all"! ;) ). Right now I like to just walk, but in the future I might choose to add some other activity.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Exercise is 100% unnecessary to weight loss, so the best is whatever very works for you, even if it's no exercise at all.
  • ericabalko
    ericabalko Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit, track macros, run. At least thats what I'm doing.
  • rawley69
    rawley69 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like to lift weights. I hate cardio.
    When I tried to lose before, ~they~ always said you had to cardio your butt off, then I didn't have energy for weights. So I quit all together.
    This time I focus on diet and weights.
    Now I'm down quite a bit of weight.
  • andydevera
    andydevera Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cardio exercises. Of course diet is more important but exercise would help to tone your body and speed up metabolism a liitle ;)
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Sex
  • catstratch
    catstratch Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope. Or any sports. They are more fun and you forgot you are exercising :P.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The best exercise is the exercise you do.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    A calorie deficit is superior for total weight loss, but exercise is superior for loss of visceral fat (the dangerous kind that accumulates around your organs).

Edited to add citation:
    A systematic review and meta-analysis on the effects of exercise training versus hypocaloric diet: distinct effects on body weight and visceral adipose tissue

R. J. H. M. Verheggen1,*, M. F. H. Maessen1, D. J. Green2,3, A. R. M. M. Hermus4, M. T. E. Hopman1 andD. H. T. Thijssen1,2
    Version of Record online: 23 MAY 2016

DOI: 10.1111/obr.12406