If you woke up a Millionaire!!!

Options
AllenMom4
AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
So you wake up and the morning and relieze you just hit the Jockpot of 12 Million dollars! How wold you start spending it! Would you keep it all or share the wealth!

I personally would start by giving a million to my parents, sister and Brother. I would put 2 milliona peice in my kids fund. Then I have lost family members to cancer and walk in every cancer walk I can, so I would donate to The cancer research. Then of course, go by a New car, and a new house, and Oh yeah ALOT of clothes and shoes!!!!

Your turn!!!

Replies

• AllenMom4
    Options
    So you wake up and the morning and relieze you just hit the Jockpot of 12 Million dollars! How wold you start spending it! Would you keep it all or share the wealth!

I personally would start by giving a million to my parents, sister and Brother. I would put 2 milliona peice in my kids fund. Then I have lost family members to cancer and walk in every cancer walk I can, so I would donate to The cancer research. Then of course, go by a New car, and a new house, and Oh yeah ALOT of clothes and shoes!!!!

Your turn!!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I would be like you and give my parents and in-laws each a million and my sister also. Then the kids would each have a college fund and savings. I would add on to my house and build a big barn. I would donate a bunch of it to Rett Syndrome research because I am praying for a cure for my littlest angel and other girl affect by this horrible disease. I would build my church family a new place to worship as the current chuch is way too small. I really can't even fathom that much money, but I know it really wouldn't change me or the way I live.
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I would buy an enormous piece of land and open a no kill shelter for homeless dogs. Everything else I'd pretty much keep the same because I'm sure that endeavor would take all of the money!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    There are a few people that I would try to make sure they never had another worry in the world.
    After that would be to find a place to spend winters that is warmer then NY.
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    I would definetly share it my family:heart: , friends and a few good charities :happy: a WORLD cruise? and some Surgery? or not ,perhaps I will be sooooooooooooooo wealthy that I will not worry about what other people think of me and my body :laugh:

Life may not be the party we hoped for :grumble :explode: but while we are here we might as well dance! :drinker: :blushing:"
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness..... I would start working part time only first, and then i would pay off my moms house or buy a new one whichever she wanted. Then i would buy myself a car, and a house, i would also by my in laws a house. I would get an awesome home gym! Then i'd relax and enjoy the ride, maybe take a vacation!:bigsmile:
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    12 million?

Wow- I would give 1 million to my grandparents, 1 mil to my parents, 1 to each of my siblings (3), donate 1 mil, 1 mil in savings for each kid we plan on having (2), invest 2 mil, then have the last bit to spend on a house, paying off debt, getting some clothes and fun stuff!

Mostly, I would want to make sure that my family would be financially secure. I'd keep working...so my life wouldn't change that much! I'd just be working more for fun than for money!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I would pay off all my bills and clean up my credit report.
    I would pay off my house!
    I would give my kids both some money (not sure how much, don't want to spoil them). I would definately make sure my grandsons are taken care of with a college fund and money for when they turn 21.
    I would do something to help animals.
    My parents are both decease so it's just me, my hubby, 2 kids and grandsons.
    I would help my inlaws out but they are not the type to want money so I would just help them out with whatever they need.
    Then I would just shop and buy whatever I want because you can't take it with you so you might as well spend it. But I will keep enough in the bank to last through retirement years!
  • Periphria
    Periphria Posts: 358
    Options
    If I won 12 million I would not give money to anyone. I would buy them the things they need to live in comfort for the rest of their days, I would buy myself a live-in personal trainer (maybe Julian Michaels), wisely invest and live off the interest.

Oh and I would take a cruise.

If only?!?!?!:flowerforyou:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    First, I'd pay off all my bills.
    Next I'd invest in high dividend stocks which have been stable for more than 10 years... enough to give me 40,000$ a year to live off of.
    Then I'd buy my parents a new house, I'd pay off my girlfriend's, my brother's, and his wife's student loans. Then I'd put 200,000$ in bonds for both of my nephews to make sure their college educations were covered.

From there, I'd save half, and the rest would go to charity.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    First I'd give 10 percent to my church then I'd split the rest with my kids and my sisters. (Parents are deceased) I'd buy a house and a car and pay off all my debts.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i'd share it w/ people i love then invest the rest so i'd know i can live in luxury for the rest of my life.

:heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I love that everyone here thinks the same way I do --- TAKE CARE OF YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS FIRST. :heart: That makes me super happy to think you all are such wonderful people. :bigsmile:
  • AllenMom4
    Options
    It just shows there are people out there with true and real hearts!
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    I would open an animal sanctuary for sick unwanted animals
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't be single.