88 pounds lost - with pictures

Options
hatew8
hatew8 Posts: 8 Member
edited July 2016 in Success Stories
Hi guys. Thought I'd finally make a post here after reading tons of inspiring stories over the past couple years! :smiley:

3 years ago I weighed 19.2 stone. I was 17, close to turning 18 and I absolutely hated myself. I couldn't stand my personal image and it started to effect my mood and confidence, I couldn't continue living like that. I kept going up in clothing sizes too, I was breaking out of 42" jeans and fitting snug - too snug - in XL shirts. As much as I don't like to admit it, I was pretty lonely at the time and I thought the only way I'd even get anyone remotely interested in me was by losing a ton of weight.

So I decided to make a change using inspiring stories from here to help kickstart my weight loss! I'm still losing weight as I haven't hit my goal weight. In all honesty, I've gotten pretty comfortable with myself over the past year but I'm hoping by 2017 I can shave the last two stone off!

Now for the pictures. Me at 19 stone I think! I'm not too sure. I didn't like having photos taken at all back then so I don't have much to show really haha.

kvwuvsha2fwa.jpg

This is me at either 18 or 17 stone after I started to lose weight.

jdznrjapiihs.jpglkcn137fjf4w.jpg

And now at 12 stone 9 pounds!

8m7s8gcljmv9.jpg

h6y4wevdxmvz.jpg

ul5sohvs46hj.jpg

w6svpqqjis0m.jpg

I feel much better about myself these days despite being self conscious of my weight and appearance still. Luckily, I managed to find a very kind and supportive girlfriend (who has lost 4 stone herself) who's really helped me out. :smile:

My reason for writing this post was to help remind myself of how far I've actually come, but to hopefully inspire others who are in the middle of, or just starting out on their weight loss journeys!

TL;DR

The payoff is worth it.

Replies

• Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You have done a fabulous job and you look so comfortable and relaxed and happy! I don't think there is any reason to feel self-conscious; you worked hard and can enjoy the payoff, and live life fuller. Well done and congratulations! It's a big deal!
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done!
  • idrinkalotofwater
    idrinkalotofwater Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Well done :smiley: you look awesome
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! U look great!
  • hatew8
    Options
    I'm around 5ft 10 :)
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    What a great post! Reading about your journey and your increased confidence and happiness makes me smile. Well done!
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations!
  • diamondgirl50
    diamondgirl50 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great job...you look great and healthy!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! So good that you feel better about yourself. To me, that's really what it's all about. Kudos!
  • lavaflow99
    lavaflow99 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Strong work!!! You look great! Keep at it and you will reach your goals :smiley:
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    you are doing great!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    What a great success story! Congratulations, and congrats on finding a supportive girlfriend. Love the hiking picture - what a lovely place.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I think that is an awesome story!! You look fabulous!! You should be very proud of yourself!! Very inspiring-thanks for sharing :)
  • hatew8
    Options
    Thanks everyone! (: All your messages mean a lot!!
    36396 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! :)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • optfitness
    optfitness Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up :)
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    What an incredible transformation. You look amazing. Well done <3
  • mmanchester68
    mmanchester68 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You've done fabulous. Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!