5'7 130-135 pound ladies

So what do you 5'7 ladies eat a day in order to maintain you're weight? I'm pretty big boned and curvy with thicker thighs and a small upper body. My job involves a lot of moving and walking around but I don't exercise currently.

Replies

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    I'm 5'9" and thin so close to your height & weight, different build, but maintaining around 135 on between 2,000 and 2,500 calories with about one hour of exercise per day. MFP estimates I'd get only around 1,700 without exercise, that is difficult for me to maintain, easier to work out. If you have an active job, I think that is as good or better than intentional exercise though, you'd probably be good between that 2k and 2,500 depending on how active the day was.

Try eating 2,000 and see if that works.
  • Emmamarceau7
    Emmamarceau7 Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks!
  • kaaaaaat3
    kaaaaaat3 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm 5'7" and 132lbs and I'm currently losing very slowly on 1200kcal. My maintenance is around 1450.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    I'm currently pregnant - but prior to pregnancy I was 134 and 5'6'', similar build to you. I maintained my weight at about 1800 calories a day. I had a desk job but I did a lot of exercise, 90 minutes of road cycling 4x a week and 45 minutes of weight lifting 3x a week.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Also check out Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Owlfan88
    Owlfan88 Posts: 187 Member
    I'm 5'7" and currently 134 and maintaining. I usually eat 2000-2300. I normally get 12-13k steps on my Fitbit, including roughly a 2 mile walk each day. I do a 20-30 min workout with weight machines 2x a week.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    I'm 5'7 133 pounds. I maintain around 2,200-2,300ish a day. I workout 5 times a week with 30-40min of cardio and 30min of weight each time. I also walk twice a week for about 40 minutes. I have two children 1 and 2 so I am always chasing after them. I burn around 400+ cals per workout (polar heart rate monitor) and my fitbit says I burn on average 2,200-2,400 cals a day depending on how much chasing after my kids I do
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm 5'7 and 131. I am very active and have to eat at least 2000 plus calories a day, otherwise my weight goes down again. People tell me that I look too thin, but I think 130-135 is a good weight for my height. :)
  • slava977
    slava977 Posts: 20 Member
    Great thread! I'm 5'7 and 172 lbs currently but my goal weight is between 133-137. Look forward to being 135 lbs again (that's how much I weighed in June 2006 :) ). Hope I can maintain that on not less than 1700 net calories ( currently on 1300 and it's hard).
  • ortmann82
    ortmann82 Posts: 1 Member
    I am relatively new to this - have done weight watchers in the past. I am 5'6" and my lowest was 131, my highest in the last 3 months has been 135.5. I have 2 girls - ages 3 and 6, so I'm definitely not sedentary, but I don't work out and don't want to add that into my life. I don't like hovering around 135.5, I want to get back down to 132... Any suggestions for calories? I keep messing with my number trying to tweak it, but I can't figure out what's best. The app gives me 1810 to maintain but I feel like that's too many to stay where I am. If I set it to lose .5 a week it says 1620. Does that sound right?
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm 5'7" and my maintenance range is supposedly 129-133 but my body's been fighting that a bit (I hit maintenance in March but I've been waffling in a 132-136 range). So I guess I still need to figure out what my true maintenance cals are. :tongue: Seems to be right around 1700-1900 calories a day depending on activity level for the day.

Re activity level, I've been doing physical therapy (cardio, mostly strength, a little stretching) for an hour 3x/wk and trying to get at least 10k steps/day (my average is 9800/day right now). I want to build back up to running 2-3x/wk and transition to regular strength training 3x/wk.
  • Mmmprotein
    Mmmprotein Posts: 17 Member
    I'm 5'6" (and a half) and am down 5 pounds this week to 138 pounds. Woohoo! My goal is 128 - 130 in 3 weeks time... which is prob a bit ambitious. Any tips for fat burning exercise? Bearing in mind I have a knee injury and need to not bear weight on my knee. Which is a huge pity because I used to run a lot. Eating mainly lots of veg, lean meat, greek yoghurt, some fruit and high fibre complex carbs, staying within 1,200 a day. Exercise mainly cycling and walking to/from work.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    kaaaaaat3 wrote: »
    I'm 5'7" and 132lbs and I'm currently losing very slowly on 1200kcal. My maintenance is around 1450.

VERY doubtful unless you're bed ridden?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member

+1 - I thought this too.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I'm 5'7" and 165, but my goal is 130-135. I will be STOKED if my maintenance is in the 1700 range. I walk 10k steps every day plus run 3x per week and Stronglifts 3x per week. Those of you at my goal weight, will you please share your body fat%?
  • Fitandh3althy2016
    Fitandh3althy2016 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 5'8 and am losing weight steadily on 1250 cal, but I also do a lot of exercise (competitively) so I don't really know how to help sorry love!
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member

+1 - I thought this too.

People's metabolisms differ, and a lot more goes into accurate maintenance calorie levels than just height, weight, gender and activity. I know from long experience that my maintenance cals are 100-200 less than what MFP and all the typical calculators predict. Not a huge deal since it can be accomplished by just cutting out one can of soda per day, but it's worth noting. Once you get into maintenance, real-life experience counts a lot more than all the one-size-fits-all calculators.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I'm 5'7" and 165, but my goal is 130-135. I will be STOKED if my maintenance is in the 1700 range. I walk 10k steps every day plus run 3x per week and Stronglifts 3x per week. Those of you at my goal weight, will you please share your body fat%?

I'm just under 5'8" and my weight fluctuates between 127 and 130. My body fat is usually 20.8-21 when I weigh 130.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm 5' 7 - i don't log nowadays but i aim to eat about 1700, up to 2000 if i've swum/been on the bike a lot that. . (I do the occasional mental tot up)

I am moderately active - fit but not an exercise fiend. I 'burn' 350 cals every other day - and on the other days at least do 30 mins walking. Often more. I do track my exercise on one if the challenge threads.

I lose modestly/maintain this way.

I have no desires to be skinny. I just want to be healthy.

In the past I got to 150 with logging etc then got sick, did a lot of lying down and comfort eating ..., and now i am gradually aiming at that sort of weight again, from 170 again. (i'm not in a hurry and going slow us fine by me. Last month another gentle pound or so enjoyably and sustainably gone)

I doubt I will aim lower and into the 140s.. 150/155 is a pretty healthy weight, I like curves and it just did not seem worth the effort at the time.. I'll double check the BMI stuff and the resting heart rate fitness when i get there...

I guess I am not fully responding to the OP - but this post is just to encourage those of us who are happy not to aim so low, or go so hard.
  • EnduranceGirl2
    EnduranceGirl2 Posts: 144 Member
    I'm 5'7'', 128 lbs (max 160 lbs) and maintaining on abt 1800 calories if I don't exercise. I'm a teacher, so my job involves quite a bit of time on my feet. Exercising 3-4 days per week buys another 3-600 calories those days. During heavy triathlon training, my calorie intake may double :-)